PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ribbons!!!!!

areese
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Laika and Owen and I were at another CPE agility trial Saturday. We just went one day (running out of agility money...LOL wonder if a company would sponsor us if I put lil logo banners on my dogs???)
I only entered Laika in what she needed toward her championship so she just had two runs; Standard, and Jackpot. Standard is the run with all the obstacles you normally see-the teeter and A-frame and dogwalk as well as the jumps and tunnels. Laika ran very nicely and got a "Q" and first place. Jackpot is a run where you chose your own obstacles for 40 seconds, then when the whistle blows you you have 18 seconds to perform the "gamble" which is a sequence of obstacles where the handler has to stay behind a line and the dog works away from the handler. ONe of the harder classes. YOu need a certain number of points (depending on your level) and you have to successfully perform the gamble. Laika did awesome-we got the gamble and also ended up with 61 points (we needed 48). She got another first place, too!!!
Owen ran in all four runs and qualified in 3 of them. He got 62 points in Jackpot!!!!!!!!!!! And he's in level 1 so he prob. only needed 32 or something...I don't even know. He got first. He got first in everything else he qualified in, too!!! I don't remember a day when we've gotten all first place ribbons before. It was really fun. I was so proud of my dogs. Salsa went too and was very popular. Everybody wanted to hold her. She was pretty wound up and barked a lot but I think she had fun.
Laika needs 12 more "Q's" to get her championship. We run again weekend after next!! I'm going to be SO geeked when she gets it...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/jbsoct.jpg

lizzieb38
10-16-2006, 03:06 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Laika and Owen. You two are wonderful. So proud of both of you. You look wonderful with your ribbons. Keep up the good work you lil honies!!!!

Chris
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
That's great!!
Congrats Laika and Owen!!!

Well, you may be on to something - sponsorship!!

You know what, you should write a story on how Owen was tagged as the mean dog at the pound and now he is a star and get some local press and ask for sponsorship. I bet you'd get a phone call!

I really would like to get Ollie involved in agility. I think with his atheticism and slightly longer legs he really would be great at it (he can sail over a lot of things).

jenfer
10-16-2006, 04:44 PM
That's awesome. I am still debating whether to sign up for a trial in thanksgiving. lol.

HotDogMama
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
:congrats: you speedy weens!!

Lee Anne
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
:way2go: :perfect10 :congrats:
Whoo Hoo! You should be very proud of yourself Amy! Lot's of hard work went into that! It's so awesome that you keep them busy and fit like that!

quavec
10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Wow! What a haul! :appl: :cheer2: Did they save any ribbons for the other competitors? :rotfl:

Congrats to Laika and Owen! :cheer2:

Teddysmom
10-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Did they save any ribbons for the other competitors? :rotfl:

:ditto: :ditto:
Awesome job Laika and Owen!:appl: :cheer2: You should be very proud of your weens Amy. That's just totally awesome! Congrats to you!
They both look so regal sitting there amidst all their blue ribbons.

Tex
10-16-2006, 10:41 PM
WOW!!!! Simply WOW!!!!! Amy, you and your weens never cease to amaze me!!!

ITA with gettin' some press on Owen.....and Laika for that matter! Big :congrats: to you all!

catstamm
10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Woo Hoo on the ribbons :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: and OMDog that picture is priceless!!!!!:hearts:

Patt
10-17-2006, 01:38 AM
:congrats: to Laika and Owen. :cheer2: :cheer2: Job well done for all of you. :appl:

Have to agree, that pic is PRICELESS! :fh:

lotsadox
10-17-2006, 08:56 AM
:congrats: That's awesome! :banana: :hearts: :banana: Also a very cute pic. How did you ever get them to both lay there and look the same direction? :scratch:

areese
10-17-2006, 09:00 AM
:congrats: That's awesome! :banana: :hearts: :banana: Also a very cute pic. How did you ever get them to both lay there and look the same direction? :scratch:

Thanks! Rob took the picture, I set them up then stood back saying stay stay stay and they were looking at me :)

Jill
10-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Awesome!

Linus
10-17-2006, 01:10 PM
:congrats: everyone!!!

That is so exciting! I can't wait until Bailey starts trials!

Mommy2Molly
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
:congrats:

Hubby saw this pic and said Laika is such a pretty girl:hearts: