PDA

View Full Version : Reese's Toe

Jill
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce36b3127cce8d9f460a8f6300000016108AYsnDJo4YtR

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce36b3127cce8d9f46d30e8a00000016108AYsnDJo4YtR

What do you think it is? It's not quite on the pad. More like the toe. He's walking and running and not favoring it.

It happened last night when I was at school. When I got home Dan said that Reese has been licking his foot, so I checked it out and saw it. It wasn't bleeding, but more like a fresh scrape. The above pics are what it looked like this morning. It seemed a little sensitive to the touch, as he didn't want me really to look at it. He's still walking and running ok.

Should we just watch it for changes?

catstamm
10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Is that pus? or is it like a hard callaus? I've seen warts that looked like that....hummm He may have had it a while but, it is starting to bother him now:scratch:

Jill
10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I don't think it's a wart. I give them a pretty good look over, and I think the groomer would have noticed when we had their nails clipped abotu 2 weeks ago. He just started licking it last night, and it was a little red, with fresh blood, but it wasn't bleeding and leaving blood on the floor. I did give it a little squeeze this morning and nothing came out of it.

jenfer
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Maybe wait a day or two and if it's still there and he still licks take him to the vet.

Courtney
10-17-2006, 11:53 AM
It looks like an ingrown hair or something! I would keep an eye on it for sure...if it doesn't seem to be bothering him you can probably hold off on the vet.

alfina
10-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Maybe he had a splinter or something in there? I'd watch it.

Courtney
10-17-2006, 12:30 PM
You know Jill, I was looking and that pad is swollen. I'd take him to the vet, just to be safe.

Otto'sMom
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
When Grrrrrrrrrrrt had footie issues, the vet had me soak her foot in a warm water epsom salt concoction.

Frzframe
10-17-2006, 12:46 PM
When Ruby had toe troubles the vet had me soak it in warm water with antibacterial dawn dish soap.

Red Haired Girl
10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
It looks like something is getting ready to work it's way out. Perhaps he stepped on a splinter or thorn and it has been lodged in there for awhile. I agree with Otto's Mom. Soak it, and watch it.

Tex
10-17-2006, 12:58 PM
ITA with everybody so far.....keep a close eye on it, and if it doesn't improve, a trip to the vet may be in order. Sending Reese some healing toe :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !

Patt
10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Only you can be the real judge of what to do. Perhaps it will disappear as fast as it appeared. Could be from an injury, a corn, callous, or even a wart. I think I would watch it for a couple of days and see what develops if anything. I would not squeeze it again, that might make it worse. If it starts to bother him I would take him to the vets. I did find a link that is similar to your pic of course this is on a Greyhound so may not be the same.

http://www.grassmere-animal-hospital.com/corns.htm

Sending foot :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
:goodluck: and please keep us updated.

Jen
10-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Not sure what it is, but if he keeps licking it, I'd take him in. Tasha had a glass puncture one time that she was licking--the Vet just had us put antibac-t cream on it and it healed. Sending paw :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Reese!

Bella's Mom
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: Poor little Reese! I have no opinions since I've never encountered something like that but I sure hope it's nothing!

lizzieb38
10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I think it looks like there maybe something in it. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that Reesey's toe get better.

Jill
10-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks everyone!

I just got an update from the dog walker and she said that right now it looks nothing like the picture, it's not white. He walked fine and was his silly Reesey self.

I will have Dan look at it when he gets home and have him call me and tell me what he thinks. I have a dentist appt in the morning, so worse case I can bring him in the morning to the vet.

Bella's Mom
10-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear Reese little footsie is feeling okay! :banana:

wishpig
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I have absolutely nothing intelligent to say because I would be squeezing Reese's poor paw to see if anything would come out of it. :duh: (I think I may have some type of disability when it comes to those kind of things...I just can't help myself!!!) Everyone needs to make a little note to self: "don't take medical advice from Wishpig!!!" (I did fail biology in college...never went to class and made up alot of answers as if I had written the book.:duh: AND I WAS A BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE MAJOR!!!!!!! :rotfl:)

I do hope that the paw is better. I'm going to send some afterthought :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Reese just to make sure that everything's good!!!