PDA

View Full Version : Brenda Aloff Seminar

Alex's Mom
10-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I was away this weekend at a seminar given by Brenda Aloff on dealing with agressive dogs. I had never heard of her, so had no expectations, but it was a weekend away with my CDR buds, so off I went. It was INCREDIBLE!!!!! In fact, in some ways a life changing experience. She's an excellent clinician, very funny and very high energy. And she sure knows her way around dogs...we spent a lot of the 2 days learning the subtle points of dog language and communication. We went WAY beyond the basics. Totally changed my way of looking at dogs. She also placed a lot of emphasis on bodywork with your dog as a way of relieving tension and anxiety. It was just phenomenal. There were 8 dogs and their people there who had aggression issues, either with other dogs or with people, and the difference that even 2 days of work made on them was just amazing!!! I really wish I'd had this knowledge when I got Alex. In fact, I'm realizing that while I've been really good at dealing with all her physical issues, I've been not so great at dealing with her tension and anxiety. So lots of work to do there!!! Anyway, if you get the chance to take one of her seminars, don't miss it!!!! She's located in Midland, MI, about 60 miles from you, Amy, but travels all over the US and Canada giving clinics as well.

Tex
10-18-2006, 08:53 AM
She sounds like she has lots of useful info........does she have a book???

Glad you had a good weekend with your CDR buddies!:cheer2:

Alex's Mom
10-18-2006, 08:59 AM
She sure does...www.brendaaloff.com/booksdvds.asp I bought the first two (canine body language, and the agression in dogs books), and they're excellent.

Tex
10-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Cool!!! I'll have to check her out. Thanks for the link!!!!!:banana:

areese
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
One of my friends had a consultation with her and liked her a lot.

Frzframe
10-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh man I want to read her books. Thanks for the info. :)

Patt
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I've heard of her. I'm glad you got the opportunity to see her seminar. :)