PDA

View Full Version : Winter Potty War has begun

phoria2
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Today was the first real cool (43 degrees) morning here:freezing: and I had my first glimpse of the potty troubles to come for Winter time. :rolleyes: My two munchkins do NOT like cold weather. The look of horror Nathan gave me:shocked: this morning when I told him to outside and potty would have been comical if I didn't need to get to work. His expression said to me, "Why would I want to go out there???:scratch: I have a nice potty place inside all picked out. I don't need to go out. I can go potty inside where it's nice and warm, silly Mutter!"
He almost ran away till I did my shocked inhalation and disappointed voice of "Nathan, NO!" He stopped and slowly walked towards the outside. Of course Abby went right out did her stuff and ran like a bat outta heck inside again. :cheer2: :cheer2:
Not my stubbron Nate! :mad4: He sniffed around and and then sat there shivering and looking at me with a pathetic yet stubborn look as if to say, " I'm so cold....but I can wait here all morning long":evilgrin0. I finally lost patience and said "OK back inside!" and I'd never seen him run so fast!. I haven't had many accidents since I got the dog door so here's to hoping he uses it today!!:please:

Rae
10-24-2006, 08:59 AM
good luck with that Kristy. Duchie is mortally offended if I suggest she put her tu tu on the wet ground to potty, and when the ground is cold and wet... well, "not so much, Mom" is the LQQK i get. When the snow comes we are fighting a losing battle. Thank dog we have a shed in the back yard that has an overhang with a gravel floor...

I can carry the princessa out there and set her down to do her thing and then pick her up and carry her back in. The poops freeze and I toss them in the field later.

the things we do for love.......

Tex
10-24-2006, 09:09 AM
This thread actually makes me thankful to live in the wonderfully warm climate of Texas!!!!! Good luck ya'll!

phoria2
10-24-2006, 11:41 AM
This thread actually makes me thankful to live in the wonderfully warm climate of Texas!!!!! Good luck ya'll!

It doesn't typically get THAT cold here in Jacksonville either. But when the temps are below 65 degrees my two prima donas act like they've suddeny encountered an alien enviroment!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
10-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Tell me about it! It was 28 degrees at 3:00am this morning when Cooper through a hissy fit in his crate. I take him outside, he pees and runs over to the poopy spot, circles, sniffs, and then just sits there! :shocked: Of course the freezing, shivering, and oh so pitiful act begins. I keep walking to keep him moving and trying to get him to go and he looks at me like I'm crazy! So after 1/2 he goes back into his crate, proceeds to through a fit and then poops in his crate. :faint: Gotta love puppies and you gotta love the COLD! :rotfl:

lizzieb38
10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Mine do pretty good. Willie learned to pee like a big boy, cuz he didn't like to have his wienie in the snow:rotfl: :rotfl: Now he seems to like running around in it. The big reason for all this sweater making I've been up too.

quavec
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Cricket hauled tail outside this morning before realizing it was around 50 degrees outside. He did his biz and stared at me the whole time. Like "see what I do for love for you woman?!". Then he ran inside and burrowed under his covers :rotfl:

Lori
10-24-2006, 06:57 PM
20 degrees here last week in the morning and windy!! Pippin goes out without a problem and he went out in the rain with me. I was shocked. I think, again a lot of it because the aussies go out and this weekend when it was 30 he wanted to go out and play with his Ginger, no sweater nothing...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will go in a shoveled spot when it snows...Asking a lot I know LOL.

K2
10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Pippit hates the cold too(and I won't even talk about the snow!!) He will stand there, shivering and refusing to go potty. He does usually go #1 but will hold #2 ~I think until it warms up more. Good luck and keep us posted!

Dijon04
10-24-2006, 07:44 PM
havent dealt with snow yet but cold and rainy is not mine or mikey d's favorite...luckily he goes as quickly as possible and i practically break my neck trying to get back up the stairs with him...you wouldn't think someone with such short legs could be so fast....

i need to make a trip to petsmart and get him a sweater or coat or something

Anatresia
10-24-2006, 10:07 PM
MUD is the problem here. My little Miss Priss is a MUD BUTT. Her whole underside needs a power washer everytime she goes out.

Not Mr. Dainty Hooves Butters. He prances around like a little fairy dog and never gets his delicate feetsies wet. He is a joy in the winter, as well. Hates cold weather.

My two have been sitting on the couch shivering and shaking. Wait until December and January when it's 10 degrees, if they don't like 40!:rotfl:

Mommy2Molly
10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
We haven't had to deal with snow yet either but Miss Priss hates the cold and hates them wet monster's that fall from the sky(rain drops). Not sure how we're gonna solve this problem yet.:scratch: