PDA

View Full Version : Car safety for Dogs

quavec
10-24-2006, 12:56 PM
MSN article (http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4024052)

Patt
10-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Very good article. :appl: Thanks for posting. :)

lotsadox
10-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Great article! :banana: :hearts: :banana: I've been thinking about the phone number thing. I just got Cash a new collar with the phone number embroidered on it. I put my cell phone number on it instead of my home number. The most likely time that one of mine will get lost is either when I am not home or when we are away from home. Having someone call the home number is not going to do much good then, but my cell is always with me so I could get the call or a message that way. I'm thinking of getting tags for the other with my cell number on them in addition to the collars with the home phone number. :hula1:

Two Red Smooth's
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Great article, we have 2 sets of tags here, one with our home and cell, then one with a friends cell and our cell.

We keep the dogs in crates when traveling as our rescue thinks he needs to be in the drivers lap (big NO NO) yet he howls the entire time. I'm going to try to make a seat belt strap and lay fleece over my back seat with holes for the seat belt. They are not in the car often (due to Mr. Howllllllllll), but I'd like another option for him.

Jacqueline
10-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Great article, we have 2 sets of tags here, one with our home and cell, then one with a friends cell and our cell.

We keep the dogs in crates when traveling as our rescue thinks he needs to be in the drivers lap (big NO NO) yet he howls the entire time. I'm going to try to make a seat belt strap and lay fleece over my back seat with holes for the seat belt. They are not in the car often (due to Mr. Howllllllllll), but I'd like another option for him.

Before you put the pupper in the front seat, think about what would happen if the air bags went off.

Jacqueline
10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I have a co-worker who says I am mean because I don't let my kids wander free in the car, and absolutely no hanging a head out the window to enjoy the wind. When we go out, they are in their carriers, safely seatbelted on the backseat of the car.

I've told her that it isn't safe to let them hang out the window. And that in case of an accident, I don't want them thrown from the car and injured, or out there running in traffic.

Good article. I will print it out for her, lol.

lotsadox
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Before you put the pupper in the front seat, think about what would happen if the air bags went off.

I have my passenger side airbag disabled because of the dogs. I can always enable it for people. :banana: :hearts: :banana: No back seat in my car. In the dh's truck they ride in the back seat.

Two Red Smooth's
10-24-2006, 03:36 PM

Oh I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression they are always in the back seat, in the crate, but when we'd strap them in the back seat he would try to get into the front, and when putting them in the car he'll go right for the drivers seat.

K2
10-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Great article, thanks!!! Pippit used to just ride in the car, usually sitting on the floor in the back. Then I read something and decided that was it~it's crate time! It took a long time for him to accept that. And now we have the My Buddy car seat~which he loves!