PDA

View Full Version : Dewey

Courtney
12-27-2005, 11:41 PM
I am so sad to report that I have a new foster. Someone I know from Dane rescue emailed me this morning. She said her marriage fell apart over the weekend and she decided she has to find new homes for 2 of her 4 dogs. She didn't go into detail and I can't imagine what happened, but it must be really really bad if it came to this. My heart was breaking for her. Since Miles left I said I could take him in and she brought him over tonight. He is the happiest guy but he keeps looking for his mom and sitting at the front door. How sad is that!? I actually helped her get him just about a year ago. He and another dog were found by a road and some nice person took them in then contacted rescue. His mom had told me a couple days before I heard about these dogs that she was looking for a piebald male dachshund and here one was! It's just a really sad and tragic situation. She was VERY choked up when she left him and I was too.

Here is what she wrote about him today: A quick description of Dewey: energetic, active and
playful. Loves to explore and go adventuring. He loves
to chew and will destroy anything fluffy--he is a
kong-killer. High prey drive and not good with cats.
Good with other dogs big or small as long as he's
introduced them. Great with kids, outgoing
disposition, loves to meet people. Good on car rides.
He has mastered sit and crate perfectly. His
housebreaking could use polish. He has the most
wonderful smile and funny clown face, and he
absolutely loves to sit with you on the couch and
receive tummy rubs. Of all my dogs, he is the most
"dog-like".

Let's hope Dewey finds a new loving family soon so he and his mom can put their hearts at peace about this horrible situation.

http://static.flickr.com/42/78302105_5b2cf6cdc5.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/39/78302100_a8c0c95809.jpg

Fluffy
12-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Oh Courtney! I am so sorry for your friend! I can't imagine having to give up one or both of my pups!! She must be completely heartbroken. He sure is a goreous pup, and I am sure he will find a good forever home fast. Heck, if I could take in another dog, I would scoop him up in a hearbeat!! He is just beautiful!!! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for a speedy adoption and :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for your friend as well to help her through this rough time. :sosad:

Patt
12-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Aww he is quite a handsome guy and love that smile. :hearts: What a shame he's in rescue, I'm sure you won't have much trouble finding him a loving home. Hope he doesn't terrorize your cats too much.

Puppen
12-28-2005, 12:16 AM
I knew better than to read this post and on Christmas weekend too. :heartbk: :sad3:

Frzframe
12-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I can't even put my mind around having to give away one of my babies. I'm sure she thought long and hard about this and is doing the very best for them.

He is a cutie pie and I'm sure he'll be adopted fast. Heck with your record he'll be gone in a week or two!!!

Goob
12-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey C.... Kiss sweet Dewey for me. What a sweet baby. :sosad:

Yolanda
12-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks goodness you were there to support Dewey and his former Mom during this time. Thanks for helping again.

Lisa
12-28-2005, 09:05 AM
That is so sad :( Lots of rayz for her broken heart. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

I am in :love5: with Dewey - he is totally gorgeous!!

Anatresia
12-28-2005, 09:05 AM
What a sad situation!!! He is gorgeous. Poor baby.

Jen
12-28-2005, 10:31 AM
How terrible for the woman and for poor Dewey. :sosad: But he is a cutie, and I'm sure he'll find a forever home in no time. :hearts:

Anatresia
12-28-2005, 10:41 AM
I emailed this to Paul. He's been wanting a piebald. Not sure if he'd ever go for a third, but it won't hurt to bug him a bit.

Mama S.
12-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh Courtney, how very sad. THis one has me all choked up. Sometimes I wish there was a magic pill that we could give these little guys to help them forget their hurting. Jamie tells me that everytime I leave the house for any time at all, Hershey curls up in a miserable little ball behind the couch - won't even come out for treats - he is so sad that his mommy is gone - so I can picture your guy watching the door. :sosad:
BIg huge mega kisses to him - hopefully PO will play with him lots and lots and very soon he will have a new forever home. I also send peace to his former mommy. The agony of having to give up a baby must be killing her. I just don't know what I'd do if that situation ever reared its ugly head.
Sandi

PS - I am positive that he would do nicely as a New York Weinerhausen!!!

Linus
12-28-2005, 12:17 PM
:sosad: I feel so bad for your friend and for Dewey. :bighug: to both of them, and to you for opening your home. Here are some adoption :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that he finds another home quickly!

Nancy
12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Lot's of :rayz: :rayz: to your friend and Dewey!!

LUVMYGUNNER
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Tracy that would be great if you could take him. He is very handsome.

Lisa
12-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I emailed this to Paul. He's been wanting a piebald. Not sure if he'd ever go for a third, but it won't hurt to bug him a bit.
You were the first person I thought of (after myself) of being a great home for this little guy! He is a total heartbreaker! :hearts: :hearts:

lotsadox
12-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm so sorry about your friend. I can't imagine a marriage breakup and losing my dogs. What a tragedy! :heartbk:

Dewey is such a beauty and sounds like a great dog. I"m sure he'll find a new home soon. Until then, I'm sending rayz for him and his former hoomom. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

SusanF
12-29-2005, 04:53 PM
It is so sad when the sweet pups are caught in the middle of our human crisis. They only know that the love and security they knew is gone and they don't understand. I hope this sweet Dewey will find a new home that will love him always!:hearts:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
So Tracy what happened--Inquiering minds want to know......

Chrystyna
01-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Thankfully she called you instead of taking him to a shelter. At least he's in a good home with lots of love!!!

Courtney
01-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Got word tonight than an approved home is interested in Dewey. Our hearts are breaking because we :hearts: LOVE :hearts: him so much!!! But he is not good with the cats and will be better off elsewhere. We are calling him our mini basset hound because that is what he reminds us of!

Chrystyna
01-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Wow! That was FAST!!!

squirrel818
01-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Courtney if you were closer I would take him in a heartbeat. I love pies and really would love to add one to the pack! He has a wonderful smile, I'm sure he will find a home in no time! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: Adoption rays for Dewey!

Jen
01-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Wow, that was fast Courtney! I know you'll miss that :cutiepie2 --but I can't wait to see who you foster next!! I know there are many more in need just waiting for a foster home. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that this adoption works out for Dewey!

Anatresia
01-02-2006, 10:54 PM
YAY!!! :hearts: I was also in the Dewey Fan club and wanted to take him home! So glad he's found a forever home!