PDA

View Full Version : Finally chose AKC names for Heidi and Princess

Michelle
12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, After having Heidi and Princess now since they were 9 weeks old, they are now 10 months old, I have finally chosen their official names for their
AKC registration papers.. I wanted to wait until we got to know their personalities and choose some appropriate names for them, I wanted most of the name to be German.

So after much pondering over the issue, I finally came up with their official names, and hopefully AKC will not have any problems with the names, I have to hurry up and get the registration in before they turn 1yr old on Feb 21st.

Princess is such a tiny dainty little thing and is just full of wiggles all the time, I could not find a German word for Wiggly in the dictionary I was using so the closest thing I came to was a word for Happy-go-Lucky,, and she has such tiny dainty little paws, so this is what I came up with..

Fraeulein Princess Leichtlebig Pfoetchen
(leichtlebig means happy go lucky, and pfoetchen means baby paws)

Heidi is always licking and kisses and just smothering you with kisses, so this is what I came up with for Heidi

Fraeulein Heidi Edelwiess Abkussend

I chose Edelwiess for the meaning of the flower, noble and white, since she is a piebald and has such a lovely white chest, and the word Abkussend means smothering with kisses.

Nancy
12-28-2005, 02:23 PM
GREAT names! I like the thought process that went into it as well! :appl:

Puppen
12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
:appl: Fabulous!! Good that you :scratch: about it first and took the care and time to seek the names that suit them. :):hearts:

Lisa
12-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Beautiful names for beautiful girls!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

lotsadox
12-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Good job! Those are great names!

Mama S.
12-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Too kewl! I love the thought that you put into it also! Poor ole Sam was just dog forever. His udder mudder couldn't stop long enough to give him a proper name "I just call him dog" We were watching a Lord of the Rings movie when I kept thinking that he sure did look like a fat lil hobbit - therefore! Yu did great!
Sandi

oceangirls
12-28-2005, 08:28 PM
those are great, Michelle!

My mom and I are trying to figure out a registered name for her new puppy right now, too. It is difficult sometimes!!

Anatresia
12-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Good German names. Love them!!! (Von Wienerhausen means "House of Wiener Dogs" in my made up German.:rotfl: )

Patt
12-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Michelle, you did an excellent job on their names. :appl: :appl:

Michelle
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all responses, I am excited about turning in the papers and I can't wait to get everything back..

Now I have to start thinking about our next Doxie....

I am so excited because my husband and I talked about it, and I told him that in a year or two I want to add a third Doxie after the girls are older. He said OK, but then that was it, three is enough with the cat. So I can agree to that for now........

So our third Doxie sometime down the road is going to be a fuzzy face Wirehair :hearts: :hearts: :boogie: :boogie: