PDA

View Full Version : as usual, agility results!!!

areese
11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Laika, Owen, Salsa and I entered just one day of the three day trial this weekend.. I was really hoping to get a Standard Q (Qualifying run)for Laika since she needs 6 for her Championship and didn't get ANY last weekend. So we got up at the crack of dawn (well...before the crack cuz it was pitch black out) and drove the 90 miles (well...I did...neither the Weens nor Salsa drive) and did agility Saturday. Laika was entered only in two runs (she needs both those) and Owen was entered in all four. OWEN once again was the star, Q-ing 3 out of 4 and getting all first places again. AND there were a LOT of dogs there so he actually had quite a bit of competition. Laika did NOT get her Standard Q cuz she put her paw on the dogwalk instead of going in the tunnel. NOt sure why but it was prob. my fault. It was a nice run though and she was almost 10 seconds under time on a VERY long course. This judge always has long, wide, kinda sweeping courses with room to run between obstacles but Laika actually likes that a lot. She likes to get out and RUN with me and not have to stop and change directions or do a bunch of twisty turns. NOt that she can't....but it slows her down cuz it's not as much fun for her. She did Q her Fullhouse run so we need 3 more of those. That's an easy one to get though as you get to create your own course pretty much and just have to get the points and certain obstacles that are requried. I love doing those game runs like that. Cuz you can strategize and run a course that is best for your dog. It's cool.
Owen is getting an issue with the A-frame. Last weekend the course had them coming our of a tunnel and turning and running right up the frame. Too hard for a doxie. He still remembers having to struggle up it and refused the frame a few times this weekend. He DID do it in Standard though and I stopped running long enough to have a little hopping celebration for him. He is fast enough to still be under time anyway :)
He got a few titles but I'm forgetting what they are right now....
So we have next weekend off, then we are entered the 18th-19th for two days :)

Jill
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Awesome!!! Sounds like a great time!

Otto'sMom
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Neat! :appl: :appl: All around!

Frzframe
11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
:cheer2: Way to gooooooooooo! What no pictures? :)

Tex
11-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Way to go guys!!!!! Have a relaxing weekend off and best of luck in the next trials!!!!:banana:

lizzieb38
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: for Laika and especially Owey!!! What's with those dogs making you drive??? I think between the 3 of them they could get a car moving:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rafi
11-06-2006, 07:51 PM
:appl::banana:Way To GO!!!!:banana::appl: