mayhew
11-16-2006, 01:27 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/mayhew2345/DSC00910.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/mayhew2345/DSC00907.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/mayhew2345/DSC00903.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/mayhew2345/DSC00902.jpg

lizzieb38
11-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Are you NUTS!!???? Beanie Wienies for real??? I don't think weens and beans mix too well!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Don't you dare let her eat beans, she might explode:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !! No really!!!

Tex
11-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Beans always makes me think of gas.........:duh:
Cute Maddie pics!!!!!:hearts:

Mama S.
11-16-2006, 11:13 AM
If they go in, I don't want to think of what comes out:rotfl:
Mama

Bella's Mom
11-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Too cute! Looks like she was holding on by a thread trying not to make a go for the chili beans! :rotfl:

Patt
11-16-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't think weens and beans mix too well!!! Don't you dare let her eat beans.
:ditto: Love Maddie pics! :hearts:

Courtney
11-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Okay. I am going to say this not to be rude, but in the best interest of darling Maddie. SHE IS FAT!! Way too fat. She looks like she has put on even more weight. Did you know that obesity is probably the worst health problem for dachshunds? It puts way too much strain on their backs and their systems in general. Like so:

According to U.S. News & World Report, the leading health problem facing Dachshunds and other breeds today is canine obesity. In fact, it is reported that over 30 per cent of Dachshunds suffer from improper diet and exercise regimens; a condition that consistently leads to canine obesity and many other Dachshund health problems.

Canine Diabetes
Pancreas Problem
Serious Joint Complication (especially for older Dachshunds)
Decreased Liver Function
Increased Surgical/Anesthetic Risk
Digestive Disorder
Decreased Immune Function

Similar to the health threats obesity poses to humans, overweight Dachshunds are at increased risk for serious medical problems, reduced ability to recover from injuries, skeletal stress, cardiopulmonary disease and reproductive disorders. Responsible Dachshund owners know just how important healthy kibble and proper exercise are to establishing and maintaining good health for his or her Dachshund.

Please put Maddie on a diet - green beans should be a great filler with just a little bit of food (1/4 cup or less) MEASURED OUT twice a day - don't free feed her. and NO people food or treats. And please take her on some walks. I know you love Maddie, so if you do, you will do what is best for her - and that is to help her lose weight NOW! It may also be a good idea to get her to the vet and run bloodwork to rule out things like thyroid problems or Cushings that could cause her to gain weight.

Anatresia
11-17-2006, 07:23 AM
She is a cutie pie and it's hard to resist those eyes.

My two are doing well on the green bean filler diet. I feed their nutro max lamb and rice kibble in the morning and frozen green beans at night. They think they're "starving" so they really beg for the beans. God forbid if I wait a moment after 6pm to give those frozen beans- I get the Children of the Corn look.

Paul and I have completely cut out people food for our two. His parents are actually obeying this rule (gasp!) so I'm waiting to see results.

It's really hard keeping them at a healthy weight, I know. Butters is a master at getting cute to get fed.:rotfl: Good luck!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
My babies LOVE green beans! They would eat 'em all day long!
They really loved them fresh from the garden.
It' s the best way to "spoil" them & not have any weight problems.
ITA w/ Court, Maddie needs to go on walks & cut back on the food.

jenfer
11-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I find that measured kibbles and limited dog treat and absolute no human food helps.

catstamm
11-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Okay. I am going to say this not to be rude, but in the best interest of darling Maddie. SHE IS FAT!! Way too fat. She looks like she has put on even more weight. Did you know that obesity is probably the worst health problem for dachshunds? It puts way too much strain on their backs and their systems in general. Like so:

Please put Maddie on a diet - green beans should be a great filler with just a little bit of food (1/4 cup or less) MEASURED OUT twice a day - don't free feed her. and NO people food or treats. And please take her on some walks. I know you love Maddie, so if you do, you will do what is best for her - and that is to help her lose weight NOW! It may also be a good idea to get her to the vet and run bloodwork to rule out things like thyroid problems or Cushings that could cause her to gain weight.

ITA....and it was very caring of you to mention it....
Harsh but, true.