PDA

View Full Version : Want venison?

Mama S.
11-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Call your local deer processor. I just got back from picking up a deer that Jamie got. While there I noticed barrels that they were throwing scraps in. I asked if I could buy some- they told me to take all I wanted!! So the herd will munch of fresh venison for dinner tonight!Told me I could come back as often as I wanted for as much as I wanted!!!
Mama

lotsadox
11-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow, Mama! That's really cool! I wonder if we even have anyone in the area anymore that process venison? :scratch: We used to have a couple of independent meat markets that would process venison, but they both closed a long time ago. :sosad:

LexieLuvr
11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Call your local deer processor. I just got back from picking up a deer that Jamie got. While there I noticed barrels that they were throwing scraps in. I asked if I could buy some- they told me to take all I wanted!! So the herd will munch of fresh venison for dinner tonight!Told me I could come back as often as I wanted for as much as I wanted!!!
Mama
That's incredible! Get a GOOD vacuum sealer (I got mine from Sears, a Kenmore, for about $100) and go get all you can get of that fresh venison, seal portions of it in vacuum bags, and freeze it for months down the road. I've saved myself TONS of money on meat (primarily) with that vacuum sealer - I LOVE IT!!!

quavec
11-22-2006, 02:26 PM
That's incredible! Get a GOOD vacuum sealer (I got mine from Sears, a Kenmore, for about $100) and go get all you can get of that fresh venison, seal portions of it in vacuum bags, and freeze it for months down the road. I've saved myself TONS of money on meat (primarily) with that vacuum sealer - I LOVE IT!!!

:ditto: on the vaccuum sealer. I love ours. I think we've got one place that processes game down here. There are a few others dotting the area, but none that I would trust.

Jen
11-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Gee, wanna seal and freeze some and send it up to Tasha? ;)

I doubt we have game processors here....But Tasha does get venison jerky and loves it!

Mama S.
11-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Gee, wanna seal and freeze some and send it up to Tasha? ;)

I doubt we have game processors here....But Tasha does get venison jerky and loves it!
Where there's a will there's a Mama! AND a way!!

Jen
11-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Do you own a dehydrator? Deer Jerky!!

Otto'sMom
11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
You can tell your dogs that they're eating Santa's Reindeer:cheer2:

Da Brat
11-22-2006, 05:33 PM

Dang it Andrea! Now who's gonna come get the gooey candy cane slobber off my computer screen?!?!!? :scratch: :sosad:

Tex
11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Mama, when I read this to John he got all excited....he love jerky, especially deer jerky!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mama S.
11-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Andrea, I love you with my whole heart but that is just wrong:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
11-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Jerky is Good!!!!!