Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jen Guest

Default The wonders of pumpkin

Tasha sure loves her 100% pure pumpkin. For more suppers she gets 1/4 c kibble, some green beans or broccoli, and a spoonful each of plain yogurt and pure pumpkin. Last night I ran out, I hadn't defrosted another container of it, and did I get a look! I suppose I could have substituted Tripette, but eewww, I wasn't in the mood.

Plus the pumpkin really helps for keeping things regular. We've started Tasha on Ester-C, just 1/2 the recommended dose at first, and I think we might need pumpkin at breakfast now too to help out....

Thanks

Mine need it at both meals. They :hearts: their pumpkin!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Jen Guest

I think we'll either do that or more the Ester-C to supper time. Nothing worse than picking up mushy doo doo.

Thanks

Ohhhh you too! Yes, I found the ester-C did that to Pogo as well. So we dumped the C for now. Doesn't pumpkin have vitamin C? I'm going to go and look it up.

Thanks

I found this:

There's more to pumpkins than great taste. This humble, inexpensive food is also nutritious, being rich in beta carotene, potassium, Vitamin C, calcium and fiber. Pumpkins are a dieter's best friend as well. They are very low in fat and only about 180 calories per cup.

You can get pumpkin purée in cans at the supermarket, which is an easy way to get pumpkin for any recipes you might want to make. It's one of the few cases where the quality of the canned product is about equal to fresh (with a whole lot less hassle). You can also make your own purée by roasting fresh pumpkins (see below).

For the full article please see here

Thanks

Trixie has 100% PURE Pumpkin twice daily on her food + Ester Vit C 250mg and other supps. Here is info on storing pumpkin..

Topic/Question: How do I store left over LIBBY'S Pumpkin?
    Answer: Pumpkin may be stored out of the can, in a sealed plastic container for 1 week in the refrigerator, and up to 3 months in the freezer. When freezing, make sure that the pumpkin does not go right to the top of the container because it may expand when frozen. Pumpkin may have a separated appearance when thawed due to air bubbles. This will not affect the pumpkin quality or performance.

The above is from their site: http://www.verybestbaking.com/advice/faq/results.aspx?ID=6&name=Libby's%20Pumpkin%20-%20Canned%20Pumpkin&keyword=
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Default we like it

it is a routine part of the diet for us (okay, I prefer mine in PIE form :lol: ).

Jen, Tripette should NOT be considered as a possible subsitute. Tripe Pie with Whipped Cream?? :faint:
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I always thought the talk of pumpkin being good for them coudn't be true...well over halloween guess who took several large chunks out of one of our pumpkins?! :rofl: The Prof definitly enjoys the pumpkin and have slowly been adding a little bit to their diet.

:banana: It was my sister in law's pumpkin anways.....:rofl:
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Thanks

Once Buddy and Heidi got completley switched over to the Innova, I started introducing pumpkin inot their diet. They get a spoonful with their breakfast and :hearts: it!! I think next I am going to work yogurt into hteir dinner. Havne't tried any veggies yet as I don't want to change too much at once...btw is banana good for them?
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    btw is banana good for them?
    Yes, it should be fine! I have never heard anyone say it wasn't good for them, but Cassie (who eats paper) does not like banana for some reason.
    :banana: :banana2: :banana: :banana2:
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel