I thought maybe some of you would like to know what I buy and how much it costs when I go shopping for the dogs. I got off work early today and got a pedicure and then headed for the Fiesta - perfect afternoon if you ask me!!!

I got:

-Beef heart for $5.16 total. I got 14 meals out of all that, coming to 37 cents per meal.

-One whole Spanish Mackerel (the guy was surprised I did not want it gutted or anything!) for $3.74. I got 5 meals out of that, so that is 75 cents per meal.

-A package of chicken drumsticks and thighs for $4.88. I got 11 meals out of that at 44 cents a meal.

-2 whole ducks for $6.05 and $6.60 each. I hadn't seen these before so I grabbed two. I got 14 meals out of the two ducks so that works out to 90 cents a meal.

-Pork shoulder for $8.42. I got 12 BIG meals out of that so that comes to 70 cents a meal. That is actually on the expensive side for pork. I bought it pre sliced then just cut the slices in half - just easier for me instead of whacking up a big huge cut of pork.

-I splurged on goat - $4.79 a pound and I got $6.18 worth. It is basically 3 big pieces that will be bigger meals for Po. At $2.06 a meal that is pricey but it was nice and fresh and he will enjoy it!

-I also got a goat head for $2.79! It is SO GROSS but I figure it will be a special New Year's Day treat. Bleeechhh!!

So you can see, raw does not have to be expensive! Things can be had cheaper especially if you buy in bulk.

Total for today I spent $43.93 and got 59 meals. That averages 74 cents a meal. That figure is high for me as today I got the duck and goat which are more expensive than I usually buy.

Well I know I enjoyed this little math lesson!! I hope it can help some of you thinking about doing raw.