Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default The Baby Name Book!!

which has only ever been used to name dogs, not human babies!!

After we met the girls, we went through the book until we found names we both liked. They fit perfectly, too. Angel is - well, pretty much an :angel7: . And Cassandra means "unheeded prophetess" (she foretold the fall of Troy and no one listened to her) - Cassie is always making noise which we mostly ignore. She is the Dachshund Who Cried Wolf.

My mother-in-law thought we would have given them opposite names - "I thought you would name the little one Angel because she is so tiny." HAHAHAHAHA, I somehow knew THAT wouldn't have been right. Tiny things are not always angelic and innocent!!!:evilgrin: (I am just kidding - I adore my small spotted dog.)

I wanted the girls to have beach-related names (we had moved to FL one year before), so they are registered as Hall's Ocean Angelina and Hall's Sandcastle Cassandra :D

Tristan was named from the opera Tristan and Isolde (we were both musicians in college when we met).
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Well, as you all know, I must have P names. I went through every name site on the Internet trying to find a name for Peaches. When I came across the name Peaches, I thought it was so adorable! I was really hoping when we met her that the name would suit her, and it did! :cheer:

Everyone helped me come up with name suggestions for Piper. His name was Jimmy. I picked 5 I liked and John got to choose the final name. He went with Piper because that is a type of plane and he is learning to fly. I didn't even know it was a plane when I gave him that choice! If I did, I would have known that would have been the chosen one! :boogie:

Prickles was the only P name I could come up with that was just perfect for a hedgehog! :heartbt:
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Dodger was named by someone at the shelter and he looked like a Dodger. Gretel was originally named Fern and Trixie was already named and it fit her. I can think of a lot of names for dogs but then one arrives I can't think of one.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patt
    I can think of a lot of names for dogs but then one arrives I can't think of one.

I know what you mean, Patt. When we got Pebbles we called her "Puppy" for a few weeks until I finally said "We've got to name her or she's going to grow up being Puppy". My husband wanted to name her Pebbles. When we got Bogart I suggested we name him Bam-Bam and the DH refused. He said he wasn't going to be out calling "Bam-Bam, Bam-Bam, come here!" I guess it would have offended his masculinity! :rofl:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Juney has her name because my middle name is June. Trixie has her name because when I held her shortly after she was born, she just looked like a Trixie.

Mikey Guest

Max was my first dogs name. I named him after the robot Maximilian from the movie "The black hole". Since then, it's been recycled twice. Mini was originally suppose to be "wiggles" cuz her little bum wiggles when she wags her tail. However Tina's sisters dog recently was put down and apparently it's nick name was wiggles (although I never heard reference to it in 6 years). So Tina suggested Minnie cuz she's so small (the dog, not my wife) and I shortened it to Mini.

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Taffy came with her name when I picked her up at animal control. She was an owner surrender, and I was very lucky to get her. I know I wouldn't want someone to change my name, so I didn't change hers. Actually, for some reason, people seem to feel free to change my name to Jackie, which I HATE WITH A PASSION!!!!!!! Only those I love very dearly and would not have the heart to disown can get away with it, but they do get heart-rending sighs of dispair to remind them.

Since we live in Florida, I do think of Saltwater Taffy occassionally. My hubby calls her Little Bit, and she doesn't seem to mind that. Of course, any name accompanied by loving and belly rubs....well....:cheer: :cheer:

Mikey Guest

Max and Mini will respond to "puppy heads" when I need them both to come. I'll say "Ok puppy heads, time to go out" and they'll run up stairs.

Thanks

Once upon a time I thought I'd never have kids (human kids). But back in my fanciful days I knew I wanted 3 daughters and I would name them Alyssa Leigh, Cayla Lynn, and Tabytha Marie.

As the years went by I had no children and with hopes fading I got a cocker spaniel/beagle cross pup I named her Alyssa Leigh. 6 months later I answered an ad for another speagle and I named her Cayla Lynn. About a year later my Dachshund came into my world and so I used the last name of my three Tabytha Marie.

Now since there is a human baby on the way, we had to pick a new name. But that's okay.

What makes me chuckle is that "Tabytha" means GAZELLE. *snork*

Jen Guest

Tasha is starting to respond to Brat.....

Can you tell we have issues with walkies in the cold weather? ;)