Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Jen Guest

Default They killed 7 dogs, just to be sure (Pet Food Contamination)

From the NY Times (emphasis mine):

Of the 10 cats and dogs whose deaths have been linked to pet food that was recalled over the weekend, seven died in a test that the manufacturer began administering last month, the Food and Drug Administration said Monday.

The company, Menu Foods of Streetsville, Ontario, started testing its product on 40 to 50 animals on Feb. 27, one week after it began hearing from owners who said the food had made their pets ill, said Stephen F. Sundlof, director of the agency’s Center for Veterinary Medicine.

The company alerted the F.D.A. to its findings last week, and the agency has since opened a full investigation, Dr. Sundlof said. All the animals that ultimately died had begun showing signs of kidney failure, the agency said.

In addition to those seven tested animals, at least three pets have died after eating contaminated food, Dr. Sundlof said, and the number is expected to rise as officials work to confirm the precise number.

So just to be sure, these a$$holes fed it to 40-50 more animals to see how many would die??? :mad4: :mad4: :doh: I say we boycott ALL of the foods they produce!
    Last edited by Jen; 03-20-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks

OMG!!! Vet reports and testing the actual food itself (as in NOT on animals) wasn't enough!!! Grrrr.....
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

I can and WILL not support that kind of practice. No more Nutro for my pals...now what the heck should I be feeding them The little dogs loved the little bites stuff, and the big dogs love the stuff for their joints.

Thanks

Why can't they test the food on "other" subjects???

Why bother testing it again and again? :duh: :duh: What sense does THAT make? :duh:

Thanks

That makes me just plain sick!! I will totally boycott any/all of those products!! God speed little guys
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

Well, all the more reason for me to stick to Dick Van Patton's NB (until I learn otherwise) or even Paul Newman's line of dog food - I've bought his biscuits. These two seem to be totally against animal 'experimentation' and seem to do the whole 'human grade' thing.

Of course, this also makes me rethink the whole RAW food diet too.

Disgusting is what it is :mad:
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

I'm glad I'm with NB - my kids like it a lot, and it keeps them healthy and their weight good (I feed the Reduced Calorie). That's so typical of a large company - just to make sure, kill a few more animals! They're just animals.

Jen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    now what the heck should I be feeding them The little dogs loved the little bites stuff
    Evo (by Innova) is a VERY small bite size. Tasha loves it. And Nature's Variety also makes a kibble.

Thanks

The Nutro Lamb and Rice is the only food that hasn't made Butters break out in hives... I've experimented with so many holisitic, allergy-friendly foods and that's the only one he likes to eat and doesn't make him break out.

Scary and . I'm not sure what to do now.
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia
    The Nutro Lamb and Rice is the only food that hasn't made Butters break out in hives... I've experimented with so many holisitic, allergy-friendly foods and that's the only one he likes to eat and doesn't make him break out.

Scary and . I'm not sure what to do now.
    Tracy NB duck and potatoe should be fine and much better food for handsome Mr Butters