Thanks

Default Can you tell if...

Your dog had babies? This might seem like a dumb question however...Ever since I got Heidi, her skin around her nipples has seemed really saggy. Could this be from having a few litters of pups? The story I got from the shelter was that Heidi had been given up because her "little old lady" was moving to a nursing home in CT and her son could not take care of her. From the day I brought her home there were definate signs of abuse. She was very submissive around Andrew, wouldn't eat if he was in the same room, peed if he came near her to pet her, and if he stretched or his arms or hands were raised would cower or run. She to this day is terrified of the vacuum cleaner. I know most dogs don't like them b/c of the high pitch noise they can make and often bark at them, but she full out attacks it if she is not in her crate. Her lower left lip is deformed and sags a little...I think someone got her with a vacuum (my mother is a nurse and she said the way the droop is she could have been abused w/ the attachment and her lip got sucked into it). I know she has had a rough life before me, and I am so thankful that I found her and brought her into my home. She will never have to worry about that again. Andrew was the one who pointed her belly out to me, and I have always kind of wondered if it was a sign of having given birth or not. I've really only had male dogs, had two females for a very short period of time so I don't know much about what happens when they are pregnant and give birth. Andrew thought that since her belly skin was all stretched out and droopy she had multiple litters...just curious if anyone knows anything about that.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 12-01-2005 at 08:42 PM.
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

I really can't confirm for sure If she has had a litter or not. I would just be guessing. My guess would be YES, given the details.
    I just checked Sophie and she does not have droopy nipples, nor is her belly saggy. You can see her incision for her spay tho.

Heidi is in a much better place now with you :hearts: :heartbt:
    She is a lucky Gal!

Thanks

By your description I would say she probably has had a couple of litters. I don't recall if Gretel's belly was sagging but her nipples were quite large and pendulous. She was a breeder in a puppy mill and I know she had many litters because of the notches on her ears. She also had many behavior and health problems due to being abused for years. I'm glad that Heidi is with you and can spend the rest of her life being loved and cared for. :hearts: :hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Petunia is a little over a year old and she hardley has any nipples she was spayed when she was 5 months old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    ...I think someone got her with a vacuum (my mother is a nurse and she said the way the droop is she could have been abused w/ the attachment and her lip got sucked into it).
    Oh, holy ****, the poor baby girl. My guess would also be yes, as my 4 female dogs' (all spayed) nipples have been barely detectable.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Jen Guest

Tasha's nipples are barely detectable, in fact DH often mistakes them for a tick when he's checking her after woods walkies. :faint: