Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default A friend is looking for a dachsie

I have a very close friend who is looking for a mini dachsie. She wants to rescue (as she has done in the past). There are a few "hitches" tho...they must be able to get along well with other dogs as she already has one, no toy or food agression and it MUST be housebroken. (They recently moved, her exact words work "I expect there to be accidents but cannot handle it as a constant thing." She said transporting is a bit of an issue, so she is mainly looking in the NC, VA and Pa areas. If anyone has any leads on a pupper in foster care or in need of rescuing, please pm or email me the info! Thanks!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Jen Guest

Almost Home usually has several listed in NC, as does DRNA. Good for your friend for adopting!!

Thanks

I would have her check with all the different rescues.

Thanks

Sorry... I think she has a few to many "hitches". Possibly check with rescue orgs and PetFinder.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

It's sweet of her to want to rescue... she does have quite a few "requirements", so she may need to be patient and keep an eye on the online listings... sounds like she has already been approved for rescue though so that is one step. Best wishes to her in finding a pup that is a good fit.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Patience will be key to find this match. (We really hit the jackpot with Pokey.) The adopters will have to be patient and communicate well with thier new doxie resuce once they get him/her too. Toy or food agression can sprout up for several reasons, especially with a new doxie in a strange home. If your friend knows how to nip it in the bud it will be easier. I'm happy they want to adopt!

Thanks

She has already looked at all the resuce pages, and has the lady whom she's rescued from before got her eyes out for her. I know she seems to have a lot of "hitches" but its mainly due to the one dog she has now. She has to be very careful with him, and since he was in the house first, needs to find a dog who will fit his needs/personality...does that make sense? Its not that she is intentionally trying to be picky...trust me if she could give every dog in need a home, she definately would. She has the biggest :heartbt: of anyone I know and will give all the love and affection in the world to a little doggie in need. She knows that it could take a while to find the perfect match to her little family and is waiting patiently until he/she comes along. I appreicate all the advice and support for her during this process, as I am sure she will too.
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Jen Guest

As long as she has the patience, it should be fine.

Tanya took a long time finding a good match for Peaches, and Piper is perfect. But I know she waited a long time to find the perfect brother for Peaches.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha's Mom
    Tanya took a long time finding a good match for Peaches, and Piper is perfect. But I know she waited a long time to find the perfect brother for Peaches.
    I am late on this, but Jen is right...we waited what seemed like forever for Piper! I think it was about 6 months. I started looking in February and found Piper in August. We visited lots of dogs, but Peaches just didn't seem to like them. I let her pick her friend and that worked perfect. If their dog is like Peaches, they must have patience even though it can be frustrating! In the long run it will make everyone's life easier! Good luck!! Keep us updated!
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Default Has your friend

Loren and the misCHIEFmeister

Please be my pal!