Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Hey Food Gurus, Need Some Guidance

Can any of you tell me if there is anything wrong with Natural Way Dog food? They did a voluntary recall on their treats, but the dog food contains no wheat gluten or corn meal and it sounds pretty good. If it's so good, why do I see it in just grocery stores? Have any of you seen it somewhere a little more pet reputable?
    Had a dog food emergency here tonight, meaning I ran out of food this morning and didn't get anywhere to get the Royal Canidae that I was planning on feeding the palz. I mixed the tuna in with it as usual and they inhaled it faster than Nutro they'd been eating.

So, any of you food natzis (and I mean that in the most respectful way) know anything shady about this company? I googled it and came up with nada.

Thanks

I haven't heard of it. the food looks OK, but not great. First ingredient is lamb, but next three are all a variation of rice, meaning the food is mostly rice. Not exactly a great diet for a dog. Of course that would be the lamb & rice kind. It also has egg, which can be an allergen, and beet pulp, which they add to firm stool. Blech. So, it's not the worst food you can feed, but not the best. It's probably comparable to the Nutro Natural Choice stuff.

Thanks

But their company didn't feed contaminated pet food to cats to see if it'd kill them so that's putting them above Nutro in my book.

Like I said, I wanted to go with Canidae, but this hillbilly town only has one pet food place/aquarium store and they were closed. I was torn between the dog food and getting 10lbs of chicken hind quarters...

The testimony online sounded good for dogs with allergies and sensitive tummies, but it was the company website so I've got to take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks for your input. I just don't know if I should stay with this brand, which is kinda affordable and evidently highly nummy, according to the palz.

Thanks

See how they do. You are adding tuna to the food anyway, so it isn't as if they get no meat protien. Sometimes you have to compromise. I don't think they'll suffer unduly.

Thanks

Thanks

Akiss, you get a from me, which is rare since I am rarely moved to display that towards humans.
    That's exactly what I needed to see. I will be getting Canidae when I get near civilization this Friday. In the meantime, I can rest easy knowing that the other won't kill them for 4 days. :relieved:

Thanks

You are more than welcome ( puppers need good food). It is a good web site along with www.dogaware.com

And the all life stages scored a 5 but the Lamb/Rice only scored a 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akiss
    hopefully this will help

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com
    This site is pretty cool! I use dogaware (and the reviews in Whole Dog Journal) but hadn't seen this site before. Thanks for sharing!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Anything to help out the weins!! and other dogs. Especally in this time of all the problems with pet food!!!

and I even got a friend to get there weins off of Beniful ( I call it cra*iful) and over to Innova!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls
    This site is pretty cool! I use dogaware (and the reviews in Whole Dog Journal) but hadn't seen this site before. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks

That is a great site. Wonder if it can be Stickied under Got Food?