Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Helga here, co-founder of the Dog Nazi Assoc.
    I think they will be fine for 4 days.....emergencies happen....
    However, it is considered low grade in my Adolf's guide to Dachshund Care, it's right there next to Royal Canin dachshund formula. But CANIDAE is in the TOP 5!!!!Rest well ...they will be fine until you get into civilization :duh:
    Of course who could resist TUNA!!!!
    Last edited by catstamm; 04-09-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks

This will attest to how tired I am right now.....

I went to the linked site, and started reading the food ratings. Innova Evo is under the 6 star........I click through all the other stars, and can't find the Innova that we feed . Then my tired little azz realizes that there is more than one page of 5 star foods!!! (and mutiple pages for the other stars too ). I found our Innova on the 5 star list, and I think we're doin' pretty good! Thank you so much for this link!!!! It is really helpful!!!!!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Haired Girl
    That is a great site. Wonder if it can be Stickied under Got Food?
    Good idea. I added it to the Sticky that Courtney already had on how to choose a commercial dog food (which had the dogaware link).
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Hey while we are on the Food Nazi topic. I wouldn't feed your dogs tuna on a regular basis. It's on the Oceans Alive "worst" list - meaning you shouldn't eat it a lot and neither should the pets. Follow the consumption guidelines on the site....

http://www.oceansalive.org/eat.cfm?s...age&group=Tuna

The albacore tuna, which is the canned stuff, says women can eat it 3x a month, children 1x a month. So you make the call. If you want to add some good stuff to your dogs' meals, I'd add canned jack mackerel or sardines. Those are GREAT for em, cheap, and much much healthier!!

Thanks

I will second the sardines. Low-la and Mitch loooove sardines. They had them this weekend as part of thier Easter Dinner. Big Lots has good prices on them. I buy the ones in water. Yes - they stink - but no worse than tuna.

I have never fed Mackeral; there is just too much in a can for 2 dogs. With your herd, it might be worth considering

Thanks

I will look for the holy mackeral. I am giving the dogs about less than a tablespoon for big dogs/teaspoon for the littler fellers in their food daily. Those little cans just don't go that far between 8 dogs, and Grrrrt and Otto only get the smallest bit to cover up the joint supplement and Austin gets to lick out the can. It's a very small amount. I'm not dumping whole cans in each bowl. I think we're safe there.

Catt, you picked the wrong name. Everyone knows Adolph's girl was Eva:nana1:

I appreciate the knowledge passed on, and will ignore whatever doesn't agree with what I want to hear:duh:

P.S. I can't find Dexter and Darwin's food choice on the lists: Seedlings in peat pellets and an e-collar. Also Grrrrt licks drrrrrt. Otto eats turds. Buddy eats his fur. I only love Dolly and 4 cats tonight. :mad:
    Last edited by Otto'sMom; 04-09-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks

Sure, sounds OK on the tuna, but if you are going to the trouble to open a can of something, might as well go for the mackerel or sardines!! Will be great for their coats and they will go crazy for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    I will look for the holy mackeral. I am giving the dogs about less than a tablespoon for big dogs/teaspoon for the littler fellers in their food daily. Those little cans just don't go that far between 8 dogs, and Grrrrt and Otto only get the smallest bit to cover up the joint supplement and Austin gets to lick out the can. It's a very small amount. I'm not dumping whole cans in each bowl. I think we're safe there.

Catt, you picked the wrong name. Everyone knows Adolph's girl was Eva:nana1:

I appreciate the knowledge passed on, and will ignore whatever doesn't agree with what I want to hear:duh:

P.S. I can't find Dexter and Darwin's food choice on the lists: Seedlings in peat pellets and an e-collar. Also Grrrrt licks drrrrrt. Otto eats turds. Buddy eats his fur. I only love Dolly and 4 cats tonight. :mad:
    Sounds like all the food groups are covered in your house

EVA???? Adolf's girl???? wasn't ADOLF GAY????

EVA of the Dachshund SS it is.... thanks for the clearification Andrea MMMMAAAAWWWWHHHHAAAA

Thanks

Mebbe he was teh ghey-not that there's anything wrong with that- (it's that whole genocide, eugenics and CRAZY in the head thing that made him the arsehole), but he married Eva before they did their murder suicide whatnot nonsense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

He sure did. Right there in the bunker. Can't remember off hand who married them, but it happened. Then they killed themselves. I wonder if that was a comment on marriage

Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue