Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akiss
    Anything to help out the weins!! and other dogs. Especally in this time of all the problems with pet food!!!

and I even got a friend to get there weins off of Beniful ( I call it cra*iful) and over to Innova!!!!

I have friends who are now calling me up to find out if it is okay to feed their dogs brands of food. At this point, meaning right now, at this time, not at any other time when we know it is okay, etc.....I am clearing any food that 1)will not kill them 2)will sustain them with at least a minumum of what they need.

Yeah, I know it is not the best, but again....WILL NOT KILL THEM.....

I am pushing my own homemade cookies as treats, tho. I am willing to make them for a couple of people who either can't (blind friend) or just don't seem willing to make the time (dumb friend). I asked first if their dogs were allergic to any of the ingredients and then handed them over. One asked for the recipe to make them because his puppers went as nuts as I knew they would. GOOD OWNER! GOOD BOY! GOOD BOY!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I just reminded the dh tonight that we need to go into town and get food. We only have one container left (I buy big bags and split them up into the 5 lb containers from the bird food I buy). I am going to get Merrick's kibble, and probably pick them up a few cans of wet, while I am there. I already know they like it, and don't think I will have any problem with switching over in a short time period.

I hope all these companies get their acts together soon. I know that all the shelters don't feed the more expensive brands, so I have to wonder what they are doing now. It scares me to think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    I hope all these companies get their acts together soon. I know that all the shelters don't feed the more expensive brands, so I have to wonder what they are doing now. It scares me to think.
    I know our shelter has a deal with SD to purchase it for 25 cents a pound. Not a great dog food and the director knows that some dogs can't handle it so they get something else but it's such a great deal for us we can't pass it up.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

I don't know if I agree with this site. It only give Natural Balance a 4 star while I've seen another site give it one of the highest ratings it could A+.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

You have to remember, Shonda, that each site has it's own criteria for what rating foods. Depending on the criteria, food can be rated differently. Different people will think that different things are important in a good. Even though they try to get it down to numbers, it's still somewhat subjective. You need to find out what the criteria is that they based their findings on and then you'll know how applicable it is to you.

Personally, I like food with very little artificial ingredients. Some people don't mind the artificial ingredients so they would rate foods differently than I would. I don't think that it means that Natural Balance isn't good just because one site ranks it lower than another. For you, NB could be the perfect food, but for someone else (and for their dog) it might not be. IMHO
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Jen Guest

Great website and I'm pleased to see Evo in the 6 star category.

Highly agree that sardines are great for the puppers if you can get over the :vomit: factor. I have a can waiting for Tasha but need to brace myself.

So raw frozen diets weren't reviewed by that site. Are they all good?

And Andrea, I'd have LOVED to see video of your crew all noshing on raw chicken!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    I don't think that it means that Natural Balance isn't good just because one site ranks it lower than another. For you, NB could be the perfect food, but for someone else (and for their dog) it might not be. IMHO

I finally found food that was great for Cricket and not only is it cheaper than alot of others, it's right down the road :cheer2: and it's Natural Balance. The only thing is they don't carry the low cal formula (the store I use) and when they order it for me, it comes in the really big bags!
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    And Andrea, I'd have LOVED to see video of your crew all noshing on raw chicken!
    Sounds like a video assignment for me!

Jen Guest

Pretty please!! Your videos are always such good fun!

Just no goat's heads like Court does. :faint: The crunching from raw chicken bones is bad enough.

Thanks

At least that video would be under a minute, it won't last long.

Thanks

I could take some videos of dinnertime at my house - of my fingers almost getting bitten off.... :D :shark: :shark: After all we do have raw every night!