Jen Guest

Default Where does this path end? Tasha's walkies weekend (and a pigeon who got lucky)

Well, let's go back to Saturday, I took Tasha to a new groomer (hadn't been since we moved in Feb) for nails and anals. Not her fave. Then there's a park nearby so we explored that and she rolled and rolled. Then a block over to the pier where she ran into a flock of pigeons--and had her mouth on one! :faint: She was surprised and let is go--good since it was probably ill. She loves the pier--so many ocean smells. Then back through the parks and bike path home--a good 90 min walk from the beginning of the bike path. Plus we'd done the hour am walkies. 2 1/2 for the day! :banana: :banana:

Then Sunday we went the other way on the bike path, under the Verrazano bridge, into another park, back to the path and decided to see where it ended. At the end we could see the rollercoaster and parachute drop at Coney Island. I checked mapquest and it was about 3 1/2 miles each way! Took us 3 hours round trip.

Soooo, 5 1/2 hours of walkies over the weekend = one tired dog on Monday who did not tear up her magazine, or the rug, or scratch the woodwork trying to get out of the bedroom. A tired dog IS a good dog!

Sorry, didn't take the camera so no pics.

Thanks

SO, the moral of this story is - walk 5.5 hours each night in order to save your new place :lol:
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

5 1/2 hours? :faint:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quavec
    SO, the moral of this story is - walk 5.5 hours each night in order to save your new place :lol:
    You got it!!

:wow: lady that was some adventure. More power to ya, I know I couldn't do that.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

That loooong walk, with all that exercise, and all the good scenery, and NO PICS!!!???? WTF???

Thanks

Moral of the story: take your hotdog to Coney Island!!!!

I just had to make some sort of Coney Island hotdog remark!!!!!
    Love always,
    Kerie and Oscar (Scott and Dylan, too)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quavec
    I was thinking about the same too. :lol:
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

WOW! That's a lot of walkin'!!! :banana:
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

What a cool area to explore!! I bet Tasha is loving the new digs and all the new walkies!!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Jen Guest

She is so loving park walkies every day. And after the big storm last Sunday she was eating mystery "food" from by the ocean. I swear, I saw nothing that looked edible but she went nuts and was scarfing stuff up. No ill effects at least.