Thanks

Default A Doxie attacked!!

One of the Doctors I work with told me yesterday that a women came in Sunday to the ER because she was bitten in the face by her dachshund. I was like OK I guess. Well today the nurse that triaged her told me apparently she was picking fleas off her dachshund and he turned around and bit her in the face. The nurse said he bit part of her top lip OFF!! It wasn't dangiling it was OFF!! The patient did say it was her fault, I hope she didn't do anything bad to the doxie.

Thanks

She might not have done anything bad. Oscar bit me last year (before I so miraculously trained him and taught him to love:banana: ) and I was just trying to get him to give up the Kong that he had taken before I was ready to give it to him.
    Love always,
    Kerie and Oscar (Scott and Dylan, too)

Thanks

Her dog is probably quarantined now.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Awww, that's a bummer. Hate to hear things like that.

Thanks

:huh: I would seriously consider putting a dog down that did something like that. I would have to hear more about the circumstances - but that sounds so out there and so extreme.... I would be afraid of my reaction if a dog did that to me.... it would be hard not to hurt the dog just reacting to what happend.
    Lee Anne, Ruckus, Rowdie, Greyson, & Cayenne
    Foster Buds Always in Our :hearts: : Zipper, Tyrone, Gracie, Rosie, Tommy, Froggy, Hunter, Lowla, & Vader
    www.2ndChanceDoxie.com

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Thanks

I disagree, I would like to know what she was doing to get the fleas off... you can never tell about people and their methods. Too bad we don't know the whole story.

My X-boss use to put flea dip in water in a trash can. He then put his dogs in it with the lid on. DISGUSTING!!! He should be punished.
    Last edited by Patt; 04-11-2007 at 10:41 PM.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Dolly killed another dog while she was in her foster home that stalked and attacked her. Dog had filed down teeth, but Dolly didn't know that. I'm glad Dolly didn't get a death sentence for her actions.

I'm for giving the dog another chance. It could have just been a freak accident~ He meant just to snap and caught her lip, hooked it with a tooth, owner panicked and jerked the dog away, dog rips lip off. Who knows unless we're there.

There was a dachshund that attacked a baby up in Southern Maryland while I was living there. Mom left the baby unattended, and the dog chewed through the playpen and nearly severed the artery in the baby's groin. The dog was put down, even though rescues said they'd take it. I personally don't think that dog deserved to die. The kid probably had a stanky diaper and the doxie just went into dig mode, and everyone knows you should never leave a baby unattended with pets. I swear, I was prepared to dress in all black and kidnap that dog from the pound, if I'd known I could get away with it.

And what about the Golden retriever that strangled the little girl with her own scarf a couple of winters back? He wasn't killed, just rehomed.

My point is, sometimes Accidents Happen. I wouldn't kill the dog.