Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Oh, man - not Natural Balance! I feed mine the Reduced Calorie - got a new bag Saturday, so far, so good! This is too scary!!!

Thanks

Don't panic, guys. As far as I've read its just been gastric upset from eating it. No deaths, no long term illnesses.

All the reports were from people who had bought a bag in the last week. I bought the bag that Bailey ate from the day before Easter and he got sick that night. He is absolutely fine now.

It could have just been a bad deer.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

I'm wondering if it's being caused by a sudden change in diet for some pups. And of course people are going to be worried about the slightest of things with their pups right now. Heck mine have some virus going around that is causing tummy upset so I wonder if that could be part of it??
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

I just checked their site and they haven't listed anything about a recall on their food. Just info about them not being affiliated with the FDA/Menufoods recall.

It is something to keep informed on though. I went to the FDA site and read through some other recalls - some that I had no clue about!
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Exclamation Update:

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/ has the now posted on it:

NOTICE:
    We are receiving consumer complaints regarding the Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Foods. We do not know what is wrong with the food at this time, but we have heard that animals are vomiting and experiencing kidney problems. Although the problems seem to be focused on one particular lot, as a precautionary measure, we are pulling all dates of Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food from the shelves. Please discontinue feeding all Venison and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison and Green Pea Dry Cat Food.

We are working closely with the FDA.
    We will update this website today, as more information comes available.

NO OTHER NATURAL BALANCE PRODUCTS ARE AFFECTED.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Thanks Shonda! They must have JUST updated that! I'll have to keep a vigilant eye on Cricket. I bought a new bag for him last weekend, but it was the regular formula. I clicked the link but still can't find what you posted????? Just the home page for NB.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

You might need to refresh your browser. To have it show up.

Thanks

What I don't get is that it doesn't have any wheat in it???? :confused:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frzframe
    What I don't get is that it doesn't have any wheat in it???? :confused:
    This could be an isolated incident... and have nothing to do with the mass recall.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls
    This could be an isolated incident... and have nothing to do with the mass recall.
    I sure hope so. Mine gang are just on the reg NB and Charile and Pumpkin are on the reduced calorie so we'll be keeping a close watch on them.