Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Angry Well-meaning man ruined our walk!!!!

So I'm walkin' down the street minding my own business with Julie and Jax in tow. I have them on their expandable leashes bc they needed to potty too and I don't mind giving them the freedom to smell around for that.

So, this guy, in this little red BMW actually slows down on the street, rolls down his window, and says "Hey, you might want to let the string out some on the little guy (duh, Julie's a girl-hence the hot pink harness!)".....I tell the guy I know what I'm doing, thank you.

He proceeds to yell at me from his car window "Don't you be mean to them now!" HELLO!!!! Mind your own f-ing business!!!!

I really had no intention of stopping our walk to explain to this guy Cesar's philosophy on walks. I had both retractable leashes drawn up short enought to keep the weens close to me, and so that I could give a correction when it was needed....which with "the litttle guy" (Julie) is quite often. She needs a good 15 minutes into a walk before she will stop trying to charge ahead and be the leader. She was trying to lag behind to smell what looked like human throw up on the sidewalk!

Now, I know this guy probably had good intentions at heart, but he ruined my entire calm assertive mood!!!:mad1: I couldn't seem to stop thinking of all the smart-ass things I really wanted to say to this guy, so we cut our walk short and came home. Good intentions or not, he ruined our walk! ARRRHHHHH!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Jen Guest

I HATE it when know it alls feel like their way is better and they just have to share it with you. I got scolded for carrying Tasha down the stairs to the park as a guy with an off lead (illegally) dog came by and his dog reacted more strongly since it couldn't sniff Tasha in my arms. Well sorry but I've got a dog who's had back issues and if that makes your dog feel aggressive toward her--then LEASH it. :hissy: Thank you Tex, I feel better now.

Thanks

this is one reason I am sorry to say I really don't like walking with my dogs.

Mind. Your. Own. Business.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I guess I'm lucky because I NEVER see any other dog-walkers on my route - which is also sad, because there are a LOT of dogs in our neighborhood that should be walked but aren't. At least I don't have to deal with the well-meaning jerks!

Thanks

Weird...I never have anyone offer me advice when I'm walking. Wait, that dude was just trying to pick you up! That would explain it! Lucky girl, lookin all hot walking your dogs. The best compliment I've gotten was "That's a beautiful picture" in reference to my herd moseying along

Thanks

Did you get his license plate number? It would be easier for me to direct a curse at him. I would have given him a Suz Look that I am famous for and he would have to go home and change his panties. It is hard cuz you don't know if you should answer or ignore them or what. Just be careful, Gymmie, okay.
    Save the earth. It's the only planet with dachshunds...
    Susie:duh: , Sam and Issy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    Weird...I never have anyone offer me advice when I'm walking. Wait, that dude was just trying to pick you up! That would explain it! Lucky girl, lookin all hot walking your dogs. The best compliment I've gotten was "That's a beautiful picture" in reference to my herd moseying along
    ITA - it was a pick-up line, albeit a pretty bad one!

Thanks

Lucky you! to get instructions as to how to walk your weenies.

I get "Hey Lady! Must be nice to have 2 weenies of your very own."
    Which makes me shout back. "Your just jealous cuz you only have one little one"
    Cracks me up every time! :lol:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samandissy
    I would have given him a Suz Look that I am famous for and he would have to go home and change his panties.
    Hmm...Suz, I've been told I give a 'look' also....by my bosses even

ITA, sorry pickup line. Carry mace and ignore them next time.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JanUet
    Lucky you! to get instructions as to how to walk your weenies.

I get "Hey Lady! Must be nice to have 2 weenies of your very own."
    Which makes me shout back. "Your just jealous cuz you only have one little one"
    Cracks me up every time! :lol:
    You REALLY said that? :lol: So far no one had said anything to me about our walk.
    Jen & Gigi