Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Dolly

Thanks

Default Lost Dolly

While we were out doing our rounds Saturday in the compound at work, I lost Dolly. Even though the entire area is surrounded with fence, I still worried that she got out somehow and was lost forever (with tags and microchip) I wandered all around where we were with Darwin and Dexter telling them to "Find Dolly" but all they managed to find was another dog! A little brown chi dox mix(had to be) who's Daddy was fishing nearby.
    I went all the way around the compound and had given up and was going to get the truck and go back to where I'd last seen her.
    As I got to the back of the building, I could see all the way through to the front: and who was there, barking her Brains out to be let in? Dolly!:banana: My baby girl had gotten tired of our shenanagins: Dexter and Darwin were KILLING me with their WWF puppy matches: and she had found her way back to where she knew I would return.
    I was so proud of her! I know dogs are let out to wander and come home all the time, but NOT MY DOGS!!!! My Dolly is sooooo smart And I am sooooo dumb for worrying so much.
    My puppers were snoring big time last night:sleep: They had LOTS of time outside and got to meet LOTS of people. Dolly was beside herself with joy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm so relieved! :phew: I read the title and thought "OMG, NO!" I'm so glad that you found your smart girl (or that she found you )
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    I'm so relieved! :phew: I read the title and thought "OMG, NO!" I'm so glad that you found your smart girl (or that she found you )
    When I couldn't see her in the area we were, my first thought was 'how am I going to tell the DLC I lost my dog?'

Thanks

I am so glad that all worked out and that Dolly found you!!

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

:relieved: I am glad it's alright now. You did scared me.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Smart Dolly! Glad she found her way back to a safe place!!!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Glad she is ok.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

Now that I have shoved my heart and stomach back to where they belong....
    thank dog she found her way back!! I'd have been terrified!!
    mama
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

I was my usual 'calm, try to deal with this logically' self, which is part denial and lots of optimism. We've got security cameras EVERYWHERE and I would've spent the whole night with infared cameras out there looking for her if I had to. I never let them off leash at night because I just know they'd find a coon or possum or stray cat and go nutz. It was the middle of the afternoon and we were out in a part of the compound that I usually don't go to, but it was so beautiful out I was just enjoying being out doors, and Darwin and Dexter were being so funny to watch. One minute Dolly was there, and the next she wasn't.
    I had an image of her in front of the main building flash in my head, but that would've been too good to be true. Sure enough, she was there!

Jen Guest

So glad to hear Dolly came back after going AWOL. Whew!! Do you need that much extra stress?