Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks

WHOO HOO a pooping pupper is a better thing than an impacted pupper!!

And as for the leg pushing back thing- when they are sick or hurt, hope is really all we have, isn't it?

You have been very diligent in your research (and second, third and fifteenth opinions,) and you are the one who has known this day may come.

I understand the frustrations of not living in an urban area when it comes to vet care. Those who have easy access to a doggie MRI or doggy chiropractors, acupuncture, aquatherapy etc don't know how scary it is when you are out in the boondocks and most of our vets also do livestock. (no, really "Dr Black is out on a call right now, the prison farm has a heifer with a prolapsed uterus....he has on that reallllllllllly looooooooong glove and we're not sure when he'll be back")

SO- with that said, you love your baby, you are doing all you can for her and you've obviously done your homework. I'd be a mess, and you seem to be doing quite well. Looks to me like there is nothing you could have done, and the thing you CAN do is love that baby and take care of her even when unspeakable things fill (or ooze out of) her diaper!

Yolanda is, as you know, the Queen Of Wobbly Dogs and she will have a great deal of helpful advice (as will many of our experienced members) on the care, feeding, expressing and general servitude Miss Emmy Lou will need.

Looks to me like she has the most important thing- a Mommy who loves her, "in sickness and in health". :hearts:

to you my friend, and don't give up on that glimmer of hope. I know you'll keep a very close eye on her, and I hope she's on her way to fooling ALL those Drs, and you too, by making a full recovery!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Thank you SO much, your words ment the world to me. Everytime I express her bladder I sit and cry after because I know it hurts and she struggles to get away. Her urine is a normal color and smell, I don't see any classic signs of infection, I'm sure she is tender, Who wouldn't be!!?? I just feel so bad, I don't want to cause her discomfort or pain, but I know I HAVE to do these things for her till she regains the ability, and I have been assure that these functions Will or Should return in a few weeks.
    Yo, I really REALLY Admire you, this is only the 4th day of care and already feel like I am going crazy. :duh: Have any advice for me? just HOW often should I express her bladder?? She drinks quite a bit of water so I've been just trying to watch to see how SHE is acting, if she shows a sign of discomfort then I take her to the tub. hasn't been 100 times a day, anywhere from ever 2 - 3 hrs though that she shows me that she isn't comfortable. Does that sound right? And Yes, bladder has been pretty full every time, but I don't want to do it TO often and make her hurt. :confused: Ok yep, I admit it, I am stressing now trying to figure out a good schedual and a way to help her without causing any more hurt than I absolutely HAVE to. ANY Advise is Appreciated!!
    Thank you everyone, So glad I can get my frustrations and concerns out here and get some answers along the way, Really helps a Bunch!
    PUPPEN DEWEY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Puppen
    Thank you everyone, So glad I can get my frustrations and concerns out here and get some answers along the way, Really helps a Bunch!

you also get and here, no extra charge. I have no advice re: the expressing but I do have another for you.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Jen Guest

I have no advice, just lots of admiration for your love and devotion to Emmy Lou and and

You are doing everything within your means to keep her happy and comfortable--even when you're uncomfortable.

Perhaps the bladder expressing is more uncomfortable and scary cause its new for her? Does it hurt them Yo?