Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Thanks

yep, second opinion is needed in my opinion. And soon.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Yes, we discussed all those things and more, she had Been in partial before and did the crate rest and meds, she did well for 5 years. This is total hanging legs no feeling paralysis. I doubt he would mislead me considering he has been her Dr for 7 years and hasn't done anything for me to not trust his opinion. I've also read a lot about this over the years, knowing that in her case is wasn't preventable, degenerative. As for surgery, he really was quite adiment that it would be a waste of time and money, I asked his assistant when he was out of the room if she thought he just didn't want to fiddle with her back and she said No Way, if he thought it would help or work he would have been the First one to suggest it if he thought for a moment it would change the way things are. YES I did call Another Dr Emmy has seen when their Regular one is out of town or something and she agreed with him on the diagnosis and what I needed to do from here. I'm not just going on one persons opinion, it was the first thing I did when we got home. I just wasn't sure about all the moving around and lifting and stressing the area. She has been out a few times but just didn;t want to Be out, so a nice warm bath and a diaper was in order. I used mild puppy shampoo to do the job.
    I'll either take her to the groomer to shave her rear, or I will have BB help and I will do it, but I have a feeling the groomer would do a Much better job than I would! HeHeHe unless bald in places and tufts in others are the "In Thing".

Oh, lol....I can express her when need be, I have been doing it myself for quite awhile, just really prefer the vet or groomer do it though, not exactly at the top of my list of things I enjoy doing!! :laughing: Our groomer is only a block away from our house, a 5 minute walk at Most.

thanks everyone. I really appreciate it, probably time for a diaper change and sweet sleep. Last Question...Does anyone think it's Better to buy washable diaper / panties and just keep adding to the bulk...or is it better to modify disposables? Maybe just keep diposables on hand and use washables.
    PUPPEN DEWEY

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNNER
    Did he not suggest crate rest for 6 weeks? Did he know a lot about doxies and IVDD? Sometimes with crate rest, medicine they do get better--I think I would get a 2nd opinion.
    HUGE and soon. Not saying he's wrong, but seems to me he gave up in an awful hurry...

Sending tons and tons of for your girl, and for you...what a terrific Mom you are!!!!! :hearts::hearts: Dodgers list is the best place for you to be (and Yo too...!) Keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."