Thanks

Default He almost got one!

Last night I took Teddy out for his evening potty break; he had on his harness and the retractible leash. We were just walking the yard like normal and when we came around the back corner of the house there happened to be a medium sized bunny sitting by the day-care toys. Well, guess who spots it?! Guess who decided to chase it?! TEDDY! So off we run after this little bunny that's going all over the yard trying to escape the "jaws of death"; running around the vehicles, around the front of the house, back to the back of the house again and around the neighbor's pine trees. I finally pull Teddy off the chase to give the little bunny a chance to catch his breath before resuming the chase. We resume and chase it around one side of the neighbor's shed so we go the other way to cut if off and when he rounded the corner it was just sitting there. I let him have full use of the 26 foot leash and he took off like a shot, actually CAUGHT the bunny, tumbled a few times (with bunny in mouth) but either let go of it or bunny actually squirmed out of his mouth. Either way, Teddy came back to me with a tuft of rabbit fur (from either the tail or the leg) in his mouth but NO bunny He was happy as a clam in mud because he had his "prize" in his mouth....and would NOT let me have it ! I finally was able to bribe him with a treat and took the fur and tossed it in the trash so he couldn't ingest it. He was just so proud of himself....he HAD the bunny, but it got away. Shoot...I'M proud of him. I didn't think he had it in him (speed); being a little overweight (by a pound and a half). Guess he showed me!
    ~Eva-Marie~
    Teddy & Kiki

Thanks

Teddy will never be the same. When Izzy Wartzburg caught that squirrel that one day, he was the proudest dog and full of himself for the rest of his life.

Way to go TEDDY:cheer2: :cheer2:

I think I might have framed that tuft of fur.

Thanks

CONGRATS, Teddy!!! You almost got that wabbit - don't give up. :cheer2:

Thanks

Wow, I am very impressed with your little hunter , but OMG I think I'd have a stroke if one of mine actually caught one :faint:... I used to have a little pet rabbit :hearts:

Now cockroaches, they can kill all as many as they like (which they DON'T... they just follow them around and poke them with their snouts ). Apologies to any cockroach lovers on here (does such a person exist?).
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls

Now cockroaches, they can kill all as many as they like (which they DON'T... they just follow them around and poke them with their snouts ). Apologies to any cockroach lovers on here (does such a person exist?).
    Cricket pounces on them and then flips them. I think he knows that they can't flip over and they'll die He's such a mommy's boy.

I think Cricket would if he actually CAUGHT a bunny. He loves to chase the birds in our yard. I've started leaving out seed for them and we've had some pretty cardinals and blue birds. He gets so upset when they fly away
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

uuggggghhhhh - remembering night waking up to find dead possum in the bed with me and Sam guarding it for everything his lil body had in him...
    Mama no wants fuzzy tings in puppers mouths!!!
    Mama
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Way to go Teddy!

But I have to feel bad for da widdle bunny :(.
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------