Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Xena, Oskar and Schatzi get fed Solid Gold Holistique Blendz. They like it, because the kibble are small. I like it cause its lower in fat (6%) and it is a good nutritional food for weight control.

Used to feed Natural Balance Duck and Potato, but Oskar suddenly took a dislike to it. So, switched to Solid Gold & everyone seems healthy and happy.
    Charlotte Estabrooks

"Suffering Knows No Borders"

Thanks

I got introduced to raw food from my friend. I was hesitant to feed my dogs raw food, but they seemed to like it alot. Also, at that time, my 14 year old dog, Cooler had been diagnosed with cancer. The vets told me that they didn't expect Cooler to live much longer and I expected to have to put him to sleep within a few weeks. I started giving him the raw food, and he got so much better, that he lived for another 7 months! He was bouncy and like a puppy. I was really pleased with the results. Later, when both Bunny and Cooler had passed away, I tried to feed kibble to Juney and Trixie. They both started itching majorly until I put them on raw food again. I feed them Nature's Variety.

I got this pamphlet from "Aunt Jeni's Home Made" dog food company that talks about canine cancer patients. In her pamphlet, she said:

Quote:
    ...that grains metabolize directly into glucose, which feeds cancer cells, contributing to a condition called cachexia. Therefore, grains in the diet of a pet with cancer are deadly. That is why people refer to a raw, grainless diet as a "cancer-starving" diet.
    Faye and her furbabies, Juney (13 yrs old and a sweetie); Trixie (11 yrs old and a sweetie, too); Mr. Gray (8 yrs old); Miss Lilly (8 yrs old)

Thanks

Natural Balance kibble and Newman's Own Organic Peanut Butter dog treats with the occasional piece of cheese or baby carrot :D

We started out on Iam's then switched to Nutro. Cricket's anal glands were awful and his poo was RANK and runny. His coat was shiny but he chewed his nails and he got fat - quick.

We then switched to NB really because it was the only other brand that my local pet store sold.

Cricket's coat became super shiny, the vet began to tell me that his anal glands were no longer full each time I took him in and he stopped chewing his nails. He has also dropped about 4lbs since I switched - this has been over 2 years ago. He is super regular now too and his poos are firm and the cleanup is easy :D

The Newman's Own treats have no wheat and he loves them. They also don't seem to put much weight on him as far as treats go, but we really don't give him 'treats' that often.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

I feed Solid Gold. Rudy eats kibble - Hundenflocken and Brandy eats canned (she has lost a lot of teeth and doesn't like kibble). Both of mine love it.

I also feed the Seameal w/flaxseed and Yucca for joints.

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Kibble here, Chicken Soup.

Tried the NV medallions, but they broke her ears out (she got some kind of yeasty swollen around the edges thing) :confused: Tried everything, but stopped giving her those, and they cleared up in a week. Still don't know why. The only con I can come up with giving her Chicken Soup kibble is that there is only 1 store around here that sells it about 30 min away. But I get the big bag and it last a few months. Same thing with the medallions, had to go to a health food store and they didn't always have them.

She has been on the Chicken Soup since last summer, and is doing well on it.
    Jennifer:cucum: & Molly!! :rpaw:
    Throw Molly a bone:
    http://www.dogster.com/?196799
    My Space:http://www.myspace.com/jherron1278

Click the link below to keep up with DLC's 1st Hooman kid:
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/jherron1278/

Thanks

our babys eat canidae kibble mixed with home cooking. max a standard dach and matilda a basset x beagle bouth had chronic ear problems, always getting stuff from vet, all cleared up on this diet.

Thanks

I feed Oksar Solid Gold Seameal as well, for his skin and coat, along with Omega 3-6-9 and Xena & Schatzi get Vetri-Disc for their backs.
    Charlotte Estabrooks

"Suffering Knows No Borders"

Thanks

I have been feeding Chicken Soup for a year and a half I think. I started out with plain old Diamond cuz Laika's breeder fed that but Laika has issues with corn and also lamb so lamb and rice was out and then did the rate your dog food thing anyway and decided to try the Chicken Soup.
    Dogs do well on it...no weight issues, coats look nice, energy is good.
    Now I'm getting paranoid about any dog food....
    Don't want to do raw for various reasons although I am still thinking on it and investigating ways I could do it....can't buy the medallions near her cuz of living in the boonies and I don't want to depend on mail-order anything to feed my dogs...
    So at the moment I am cooking and mixing their food. This morning they had eggs...they have been eating a ground mixture of meat (i've used liver, chicken and roast beef so far) brown rice, salmon oil, a carrot and a few fresh beans. Laika will eat the veggies if they are ground up. I am not mixing the meats-jsut making seperate batches and freezing it. I'm hoping the variety will be good for them. Also have ordered some bone meal for calcium/phosphorus. I have no idea if I am doing the right thing but I'm confident it's ok for now....I know it's early to tell anything but their poops are small and firm so far And they are very excited at meal time...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K2
    I still have to wear rubber gloves when touching the chicken:vomit:
    :ignore:

I can do THAT...Can't I?

Thanks

I feed Nutro kibble. The lamb and rice allergy formula, which is the only one that Butters doesn't break out in a rash from and will actually eat (he hates 99% of what we've tried.)

Someday I would like to feed raw or cooked- just haven't gotten to that place yet.
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte