Thanks

Default Cricket's idea of heaven (no pics sorry)

This Saturday, we had my MIL and her new BF over to watch the Kentucky Derby, eat and then watch the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight. Her new BF has a LH doxie named Lily who is beyond adorable. :hearts:

The dogs went outside and my kids spend the ENTIRE day throwing the ball for Lily. Cricket, being the non fetcher that he is, spent his day chasing Lily while she ran for the ball :D When our other visitors arrived, we all hung out on the back porch for the remainder of the day and Cricket got TONS of loving from everyone and anyone. He sat in laps, ran with our kids, ran with the adults (beer seems to help them channel their inner child).

By that night, Cricket was exhausted!

Forward to Sunday. We hit the Home Depot for some top soil and some other home type stuff. I ended up getting some more things to plant and we spent the entire day outside planting and doing yard work in the back yard. I think Cricket thought he was in DoxiTopia. He ran and played and lounged all day long. When the sun went down, we went back inside and the poor guy went straight to his crate and didn't come out until this morning And even then, I let him out, he ate, then he jumped back into this crate and took another nap :lol: Poor fella - he is just too pooped.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Sounds like tons of fun for Cricket and all. :banana: He's probably caught up with his rest and rarin' to go again. So what do you have planned for today?
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

WHAT????? no pictures....that's just not right!!!
    But it sounds like a great time had by all :banana: :banana:

Thanks

WOW! Sounds like an awesome weekend. Glad Cricket had tons of fun and enjoyed himself to the max.
    ~Eva-Marie~
    Teddy & Kiki

Jen Guest

A tired dog is a good dog! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Thanks

Sounds similar to our weekend!!!:banana: I love tired doggies!!!! Glad that Cricket had a good time!:banana:
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------