Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Talking The tiny story thread

Got a little tale that is too short to start a thread with? I know I don't wanna miss it! So I figured I would start a thread just for those tiny stories that go untold cause they are not post worthy! (We'll see if this catches on or not... )

Here's my first one:

I was at Petsmart with Bailey today, and this woman Squeeled "oooohh! I love Dachshunds so much I don't even eat hot dogs!" What? Uhhhh...I'm backing away slowly now....

Thanks

It was raining so hard this morning, that as I laid in bed and said "who wants to go OUT-SIDE?" both pups would get up and make it to the edge of the bed, and then turn around and dive back under the covers. They did this about 4 times.........we still haven't made it outside .
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I FINALLY mowed my lawn today, and Alex, who would normally be unhappily watching from a distance (lawn mower=vacuum cleaner in her little brain), was underfoot the whole time, staying right close to my legs. I accidentally stepped on her paw even (feeling horrible!!!!!). What's up with that???
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Some cows made the mistake of wandering through our campsite this weekend. I had our lab attached to her lead so I could finish getting dressed and get everybody ready to go for our campground W-A-L-K without her being underfoot in the RV. Well, she charged at those cows so hard and so fast that she snapped right through her leather collar! Never knew cows could move so fast!! Off to buy a new collar.... PINK or Blue this time!
    Lee Anne, Ruckus, Rowdie, Greyson, & Cayenne
    Foster Buds Always in Our :hearts: : Zipper, Tyrone, Gracie, Rosie, Tommy, Froggy, Hunter, Lowla, & Vader
    www.2ndChanceDoxie.com

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Thanks

Cricked held his pee for almost 12 hours yesterday. It poured rain and he refused to go outside. I put him on the porch thinking he'd go there and I'd just hose it down. Nope, not him. He waited.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

I actually saw a hummingbird get hit by a car today! A teenager was driving too fast, and it killed it. :( I picked its little body up out of the road and put it under a plant.
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

FIVE geese families are hanging by my pond. I wouldn't care..the babies are cute and all but they have produced a truckload of goose poo....
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

I saw a turtle crossing the drawbridge at work, turned around, had to show my ID to get back on base, and pulled over, ran to the bridge and hauled his little butt back to the ditch by the water. I was a bit conspicuous too, bright white running shoes and a neon pink bandage from having just donated blood at the red cross blood drive. They had cookies.

(I don't think I can tell a short story, cause I didn't even start to tell you about the white shoes)

Thanks

This thread is really funny!

We have had internet issues at work for three days now. An Internet company ("He Who Shall Not Be Named" Interactive) - with no Internet for hours at a time - not only is it frustrating, and annoying, and BORING, I believe it is quite ironic! Thank god for my crackberry!

Thanks

An alligator peed by my desk at work. I am not making this up. I can't wait to see how the dogs react to it.