Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Doxie Mix Abandoned

A while back when I posted the story about losing Dolly while I was on watch, I'd commented that I'd seen another dog, a senior doxie mix and thought it belonged to someone who was fishing.
    Turns out it doesn't. He's been on the base for months now, and runs away when you try to get near it.
    I wanted to be sure it was the same dog I'd seen so I had the young Yeoman in our office take me to where the dog was laying. It was in a field that's been cleared for a parking lot. It had been raining all day Wednesday and had a big thunderstorm Wednesday night, so the ground was a bit soft.
    While in pursuit of the dog, just to see where it ran to, we ventured across the lot, cautiously stepping onto the wet sandy soil.
    I wasn't quite cautious enough because I sunk ankle deep, mud over my socks and shoes into the mire.
    The dog was probably laughing from the shade.
    I know we were.
    When I finally reach dry ground, the dog is long gone
    When I first saw him, he was fine. He now has a limp.
    I got with the more adventurous dudes in the command and asked if they had a live trap and that if they caught him, I'd hook him up with the vetting and a place to stay. He's a senior dog, and got along fine with the anipals when they sniffed him our first meeting.
    Fortunately, there's a lot of dog lovers at the command and I think we can get something done before it's too late.
    I hope they can catch him. I'm worried about him. Who'd let an old dog like him fend for himself, to the point where he no longer wants anything to do with people?
    I would've been much more upset, but I couldn't stop laughing about the mud up to my ankles. My feet were completely submerged, and it was just too funny for me, standing there, laughing my ass off about being there.
    I had to cross the quarterdeck in my socks, and change into my running shoes after I'd washed my ankles in the sink in the bathroom. That mud stanks.

Thanks

Default I've had moments where I wanted to bring Joy

to the pound, but resisted the urge. Only kidding. I can't imagine why someone would abandon an old dog like that. Do you think it ran away from home or is lost?

Thanks

Leave it to our resident people hater with a huge heart to help yet again!!! The day I finally meet you A - get ready - you got some king sized hugs comin!!! AND you cannot wash them off afterwards Can't wait for an update to this story!!
    Mama
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

It had to be dropped off. The base is surrounded by 11 miles of swampland/forest due to it being a NASA Space Center, and if something bad exploded there, it'd only kill us working there and not families I hope it's just lost and has some sort of tag on his collar so we can try to find his proper home. I hope it's just an accident he turned up there. But people suck, and that's just not the way things turn out. I expect the worst and am rarely disappointed when it comes to people and how they treat their pets (except the folks in the DLC:hearts: )

Thanks

A trap would be the only way to catch him, since he freaks at the sight of people. Hopefully someone will set it up and you'll have him in a day or two. for being his guardian :angel7: , he really needs one now. It's cruel that they dumped him in swamp land. Don't you have gators? Or is that a silly question. He's pretty smart if he's escaped them.

You have more faith than I do. I would suspect he was dumped b/c they wanted a younger dog. for that pupper.
    You are totally correct, people suck!!

Please keep us updated on this fellow. :goodluck:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Default The (m) in my posts.....

stands for MORE! Wish it was something more exotic! I used to post on an ivillage message board and we always used the little m to indicate to the reader that there was more to come. Guess you all don't do that here!:duh:

Thanks

It doesn't take too long for dogs to become quite feral...so a trap would be the fastest and best way I bet. I really really hope you catch the poor little thing... you are an :angel7: for sure.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Smile wondering dox

POOR DOX! I AM PRAYING SOMEONE IS ABLE TO CATCH HIM. FROM THE DAYS OF WORKING FULL TIME IN A VETS OFFICE AND PART TIME IN A SHELTER I HAVE PROBABLY HEARD THE MAJORITY OF WHAT PEOPLE CALL GOOD EXCUSES FOR ABaNDONING A LOYAL FRIEND.1.WE GOT A PUPPY AND HE DOESN'T LIKE IT. 2.WE'RE MOVING AND DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL WITH a DOG.BUT DON'T WORRY WE'LL GET A NEW ONE WHEN WE GET THERE.3.ALLERGIES.4.HE'S PEEING IN THE HOUSE.5. Vet costs too much. 6.IF YOU DON'T TAKE THIS DOG from me :pray: :pray: NOW(OR CAT,FERRET,FISH,BIRD) I AM JUST GOING TO LEAVE IT ON THE PARKWAY AND IF HE GETS KILLED IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT. Some people are just morons,Hope they don't get abandoned in old age. Seems to be what their kids are learning.Just dump it and get a new one. ANyway,good luck catching him. Been stuck in that mud myself. The stink lasts awhile. Dox is awake-time for a walk. Good Luck!

Thanks

People suck. Thank God for animal lovers like you and everyone else on this site b/c otherwise I would lose all faith in mankind (I work in HR and am very jaded - haha!). I hope the little fellow is okay...please keep us updated! I'm saying my little doggy prayers! :pray:
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Jen Guest

Oh Andrea I hope you can trap him and bring him for some loving with the Anipals before its too late. People never cease to disgust me (but there are a few good ones like on this board who keep me from giving up on all of them).