Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default "Don't take my toys!" Heartbreaking Rigby story

We packed up the dogs' toys two nights ago. Paul was in Chicago on business last night and as I straightened the bed, I noticed the toys we left out (a red bird and a bobo) were on the bed. I tossed them down and the Wienerhausens and I crawled into bed. After a few minutes I heard a bump-bump on the dogs' ramp. A minute later, up comes Rigby with the bird. Then another bump-bump and up she comes with the bobo.

I thought this was cute, that she wanted her toys and went to pet her and she got down ON TOP of the toys in her "guard" mode, like when she guards a chewbone, looking up at me with the death glare, like "Don't you dare take these!"

I told Paul and he was like, "Tres, all of her toys are packed- those are what's left- she is guarding them with her life!!!" and it broke my heart. My poor, stressed out Rigby! She thinks we took her toys away!

Isn't that just the saddest (but cutest) thing? I can't wait to get moved in this Saturday, so she can have her big box of toys back and be happy again!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Rigby, dis is Bailey,
    I knows how you feel. My mom is packing da house too. Hers left my toys out of da big bwown boxes, but she keeps picking dem up. I wet her know dat I want to keep all of dem and put my favorites on dee floor in dee same pwace evewy night. Dis shows her! You pwotect dose toys, you neber know when dey might go in da big box too!
    :pawprint:
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

That IS so cute and sad too...She'll be so happy to have all her toys back though!!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Awww. Poor Rigby. Cricket was the same way. He was also pretty cornfused when we moved right back to the same darn house :lol:
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Its cute that they have their own prized possessions like we do

We have a pile of toys in the corner of the living room and its funny to see either Pogo and Pixel walk up to the pile stand there and ponder which toy to take and finally take a toy out and play with it.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

See, my two have "upstairs" and "downstairs" toys, too. We packed the upstairs toys, but left the downstairs ones out, figuring we'd take those in the basket they "live" in. She doesn't like the downstairs ones as much, for some reason, and could care less, so she's guarding her favorites.

Thanks

When we were moving, I had Bailey on his lead tied to a chair so he couldn't dart outside, but didn't have to stay crated while we moved stuff (we moved within the same complex to a bigger apartment) Well, when I picked up his toy basket to load it in the truck, I was half way out the door when Bailey made probably the most heart shattering noise I have ever heard. It was like a loonnng moan with a whine in it, It was most def. "MOOOOMMM WHY YOU TAKIN MY TOOOYYSS???" Then he started in with small yips (noplease!Immagoodboy! bringemback!). So I brought the basket back in, set it beside him, and for the rest of the day, he watched us pack up and move from INSIDE the baskey. WARILY. Needless to say, Bailey and his toy basket were the last things to go. poor guys, they have no idea, huh?

Thanks

Butters says he doesn't care if the toys go, so long as HE and the FOOD aren't forgotten.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia
    Butters says he doesn't care if the toys go, so long as HE and the FOOD aren't forgotten.
    That's exactly the case with Alex In fact, as far as she's concerned, as long as mom is with her, the rest is just incidental (well, maybe not the food...but she's figured out that all good things come from her mother ) Of course, we've moved so many times, she's gotten used to it. Poor little Rigby!!! Roll on Saturday, says she!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Poor Rigby!:please: I'm hoping to let the pups stay at a friend's apartment the day we do most of the moving, so that when they do go to the new house for good, all their stuff is there and unpacked........I hope it works out like I'm planning!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------