Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default JUne 22-24 CPE agility w/ The Weens and Salsa

it was a great weekend once Owen got over his FOP and FOWPW.
    He only got one qualifying run Friday (which did finish his level 5 jackpot)
    but Q'd both his runs Sunday. Very fast, 0 faults, first place. 3 out of 5.

Laika Q'd 3 out of 4. The one she missed was totally my fault as I lost my mind while running and didn't pick up enough points with her in her Jackpot run. I DID have to run all three dogs consecutively though...so I'm blaming it on lack of oxygen to the brain since I couldn't BREATHE by the last one... NOt a lot of little dogs there..so now that Salsa has reached level 3 she often runs with my other dogs.
    I should say that although Laika doesn't have all firsts, she has more competition. She jumps 4 inches but is jumping as an early veteran as her real jump height is 8 inches. So she is judged against the 8 inch dogs...so runs against some fast Jack Russells and such. She did beat a fast boston terrier twice....cuz Laika runs perfect and Candy had faults
    Salsa generally is the only dog in her class...I don't tell her that though. I'm still proud of her blues cuz she is always under time and in the points games she has TONS of points. Sometimes more than Laika and Owen!

Salsa was the star! She was entered in everything cuz I won a free weekend of entries for one dog and she likes to run and needs everything still of course
    7 out of 8 Q's. She slid backwards on the A-frame and turned around and got off during her second Standard run (standard has all the obstacles in a numbered course. You can't retry the contact obstacles (teeter, a-frame, dogwalk) so that was a non-completion of an obstacle.
    She has a fan club I think... people gather to watch her. I was happy though cuz instead of just hearing how little she was, I also heard how fast she was and how well she works. She does love it a lot!

Our good friend Beamer got his C-ATCH Sunday. He and my weens are the only dachshunds running CPE at any of the trials we go to. He was the 3rd doxie to get a C-atch. (Moose being first, and Laika Second) He runs with all his heart cuz he is a short-legged guy. We love Beamer...
    Last edited by areese; 06-26-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

:way2go: everybody!!! on such fab runs!! And of course thanks so much for the pics!! I desperately needed them today!
    Mama to
    Da Baby Brat Emma Caroline &
    Da Cats Max & Bandit

Thanks

Gosh don't they all look so proud of themselves esp little Salsa.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Great pictures!! Salsa looks like she is, as usual, surveying her Queendom - you go, girl!!! Congrats to all.

Thanks

Salsa is the proudest little bug! I just want to bow down to her royal presence, clearly superior to all she sees.:bow1:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    Salsa is the proudest little bug! I just want to bow down to her royal presence, clearly superior to all she sees.:bow1:
    Yeah... she's pretty cool...for a rodent-sized, half-bald, weirdly spotted bugdog....
    She has a lot of confidence esp. in the agility ring. She did fall on her little face during one run as she jumped off the teeter. She looked at me as if to say.."I fell DOWN!" with her little huffy noise she does but when I told her she was fine, it was "OK I will run fast now". God she is cute. SO cute. Sometimes I can't hardly stand it.

and Segue

Thanks

She's so cute I'd have to swear when describing the level of cuteness attained:

Salsa isn't just cute, she's effiing cute.
    She is to cute what Chuck Norris is to the roundhouse kick to the face.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    She's so cute I'd have to swear when describing the level of cuteness attained:

Salsa isn't just cute, she's effiing cute.
    She is to cute what Chuck Norris is to the roundhouse kick to the face.
    I feel the same way!
    I never thought I'd want to have such a teeny thing for a dog... but even aside from her cuteness she is just a really good dog and she doesn't get carried around in a purse or wear outfits or anything. She just a great little dog who happens to be really really little and really really really effing cute.
    I called Pat today to thank her for Salsa....even though she was paid for I was just feeling grateful for having her..

and Segue

Thanks

WOOOO HOOOOO!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Amy's babies ROCK!

Thanks

p.s. I want to gobble lil salsa up :hearts: :hearts: