Threaded View

Thanks

Default JUne 22-24 CPE agility w/ The Weens and Salsa

it was a great weekend once Owen got over his FOP and FOWPW.
    He only got one qualifying run Friday (which did finish his level 5 jackpot)
    but Q'd both his runs Sunday. Very fast, 0 faults, first place. 3 out of 5.

Laika Q'd 3 out of 4. The one she missed was totally my fault as I lost my mind while running and didn't pick up enough points with her in her Jackpot run. I DID have to run all three dogs consecutively though...so I'm blaming it on lack of oxygen to the brain since I couldn't BREATHE by the last one... NOt a lot of little dogs there..so now that Salsa has reached level 3 she often runs with my other dogs.
    I should say that although Laika doesn't have all firsts, she has more competition. She jumps 4 inches but is jumping as an early veteran as her real jump height is 8 inches. So she is judged against the 8 inch dogs...so runs against some fast Jack Russells and such. She did beat a fast boston terrier twice....cuz Laika runs perfect and Candy had faults
    Salsa generally is the only dog in her class...I don't tell her that though. I'm still proud of her blues cuz she is always under time and in the points games she has TONS of points. Sometimes more than Laika and Owen!

Salsa was the star! She was entered in everything cuz I won a free weekend of entries for one dog and she likes to run and needs everything still of course
    7 out of 8 Q's. She slid backwards on the A-frame and turned around and got off during her second Standard run (standard has all the obstacles in a numbered course. You can't retry the contact obstacles (teeter, a-frame, dogwalk) so that was a non-completion of an obstacle.
    She has a fan club I think... people gather to watch her. I was happy though cuz instead of just hearing how little she was, I also heard how fast she was and how well she works. She does love it a lot!

Our good friend Beamer got his C-ATCH Sunday. He and my weens are the only dachshunds running CPE at any of the trials we go to. He was the 3rd doxie to get a C-atch. (Moose being first, and Laika Second) He runs with all his heart cuz he is a short-legged guy. We love Beamer...
    Last edited by areese; 06-26-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue