Hybrid View

Thanks

Default 4th of July stinks

This is the worst holiday of the year, Poor Whiteny is scared stiff from all this 4th July noise. She pants and shakes and won't go outside to pee. I've given her meds last year but it makes her too wobbly and I'm afraid she will hurt herself.
    I wouldn't be bad if it was just one night but our town allows like 4 days before the 4th and a whole week after the 4th..real stupid, they must not have dogs!!
    Whitney & her Mom, Karen

Thanks

Go get some Rescue Remedy and give it to her. It should help her a lot. Most of the nicer pet stores and vitamin shops carry it.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Yep, we are in fireworks hell right now. I don't want to start anything with the people across the street because we will be gone soon for two weeks, and I don't trust him and his buddies as far as I can throw him. I am already responsible (in his mind, because heaven knows HE ISN'T AT FAULT) for him being arrested.

Taffy is just going nuts, and nothing seems to have helped. She has been in my arms almost all day. I keep praying for more rain, more rain....but then they will just have more unfired stuff. I really wish they would make all this illegal here.

Thanks

My dogs are ok with fireworks. I just came from my best friend's mom's house. Her little dog is really scared of fireworks. I felt sorry for the little guy.

Oh and it's raining here. Plus, there are tornado warnings in the area. I still hear fireworks outside though.
    Donna
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Mom of Harley & Max

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    I really wish they would make all this illegal here.
    I hear ya! Here in Delaware they ARE illegal (pretty much only if you're caught with them), but it doesn't stop people from going out of state to buy them and "smuggle" them here and shoot them off. Poor Teddy's going bonkers and wants me to hold him all the time since they have been going off; so I've been on the floor with him calmly reassuring him that they won't hurt him and just letting him cuddle up against me and try to burrow into my shirt . I've tried to take his mind off them with his toys, but it's not working; he just wants to hide. And, like Blueyezz74...we are also in a tornado watch area and we can see the storms a comin'! God help us through this mess!:pray: :pray: :pray:
    ~Eva-Marie~
    Teddy & Kiki

Thanks

Thumbs down

My moron of an ex-brother- in-law learned a hard, hard lesson today ( If he is actually able to learn!) when it comes to illegal fireworks. This idiot took my nephew (his son) in the Jeep & they went to Portland, Oregon to buy not just a few, but a U-Haul trailer full of illegal fireworks. Well, seems the Jeep had a gas leak, the chain towing the U-Haul was dragging on pavement & making sparks and my nephew said he looked in rear-view mirror & whole rear-end of Jeep was in flames! They pulled over & jumped out & seconds later Jeep, U-Haul trailer & fireworks EXPLODE!!! Nothing left....they're lucky to be alive right now. What a *#*!*# moron!!! The only bright spot in whole episode was that the moron had also stopped off & bought himself $1,200.00 worth of kitchen cabinets & they blew up, too!!! Yep, i'm pretty sure moron-dad thinks the 4th. pretty well sucks, too!:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Thanks

We went to watch the fireworks tonight, and Bailey could have given a crap less about the fireworks...He just wanted to play with the kids :duh: . My apartment complex has a no fireworks policy, so we don't have to worry about it at home.