Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates!

Thanks

Default Updates!

There seems to have a lot of sick puppers - and kitties - recently. I know during the worst of it, we received lots of updates.

How are they doing now? Duchie and Bogart's backs? Lily's surgery? Jen Jen's eyes? Hannah's thinness? And sadly, the list could go on and on.

How are our DLC guys and gals doing?
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

I'm picking Lily up from the vet today to bring her home. She's walking around and eating gruel but I still may need to feed her with a syringe, which isn't new to me, since Kali, one of my black kitties had to be fed with a tube in her neck for months.

Dusty is eating, I didn't take him in on Thurs since he's going in on Monday for the big Heartworm treatment. He tires on our walks, and coughs and I know that's from the heartworms.

I think Pearl has an ear infection, I was cleaning her ears last night and it sounded very gushy inside, and she didn't want to shake her head. I'll talk to the vet about her today. She's on meds for another yeast infection.

Grrrrt is still peeing on my freshly cleaned floors out of pure spite.

Otto and Scooter's dental worked like a charm. No more stank breff.

Daisy May has totally bounced back from where she was 6 weeks ago.

I think that's everyone.

Thanks

I was just thinkin about Lily too :hearts:
    Jen is doing great, her eyes are back to 100% health...so now I just watch her to see if she is itchy...if she is, it's benedryl time
    GREAT THREAD

Thanks

Dookie is to take her prednisone (half a pill twice a day every other day) until it is gone. SHE IS SPRUNG FROM DOGGIE PRISON and I am just supposed to keep an eyeball on her.

(as if I don't watch her like a hawk 24/7)

Viva La Pink Princess Bed, here we come!!

She will be so glad - she has been hopping and wriggling like a crazy dog and due to the low dose of pred she is on I think it's just "happy dog-ness"

Thanks to all for the continued rayz. She is my heart :hearts: and you guys are the best!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Yes, good thread! I'm so happy to hear that progress is made and updates are good! Sending many more Texas to anyone and everyone who may still need them!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I was just getting ready to post about Bogart's vet visit. :banana:

I took him to the vet this a.m. and she did another VOM adjustment on him. She thought he was doing very well. He's regained most of his response in his back legs, he's just a little weak and wobbly still. He's doing much better though. He started standing "taller" on his back legs this week. :cheer2: He also had trouble pooping at first because it was hard for him to squat. Poor thing's little hiney was only about 1/2" off the ground. Now he can squat and poop a lot easier with his hiney off the ground. :banana:

We're cutting his pred back to 1/2 pill twice a day for 5 days and then 1/4 pill twice a day for 5 days and back to the vet for another followup. I didn't ask about doggie jail, because after his relapse and problems I decided that my poor Bobo is going to be in doggie jail for the full 8 weeks just to make sure. Not taking any chances of another relapse. At 15, I'll probably just keep him crated at night and when we leave and on restricted movement from now on. I'm just hoping for the best for my little guy.

Thanks for all the support. Y'all are the best! :banana: :hearts: :banana:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

do ya'll think we sprung HRH from Doggie jail too soon?
    three full weeks.... and she is not a jumper and we have no stairs.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Hard to say. Most of what I read on Dodger's List was 6 - 8 weeks, but most vets say 4 weeks. The 6 - 8 weeks could be because of the surgery, I really have no idea. Duchie did well on her recovery and without jumping or stairs might be okay.

I'm keeping Bogart on crate rest for a long time because he did have trouble with his recovery and relapsed which caused momma severe anxiety. So for his benefit and mine, I'm keeping him on crate rest longer. :(
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

We always go with at least 6 weeks and Dodgers list is an incredible source as Patrice mentioned...When we have released them sooner, they tend to relapse and you are back to square one
    Keep in mind most vets are not experts in IVDD...
    The nuerologist we consult, always says a min of 6 weeks.... especially when the dog is experiencing what poor Bogart is....
    Prayers for Bogart and patience rays for mom

Thanks

for continued health for everydog & everycat!
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie