Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates!

Thanks

Lily is home now! She's very cranky, but that's just her. She lapped up a good amount of her AD 'gruel' and was cleaning herself afterwards. Took her medicine with a fight, but again, that's what you get. I've got a taller baby gate to their room (which may have played a part in the whole fiasco. She miscalculated the jump and ended up in the next room, the bathroom, where the attack took place) and I had an audience of cat haters out there while I sat with her. Daisy May, Dexter and Austin, sat there and watched us as the cats in the other catroom lavished attention on me. You could just hear the wheels turning in their little heads....'next time kitty, next time' I don't think Lily will ever leave that room willingly again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone again on Bogart. We've started weaning him off the steroids. I was very nervous because that was when he relapsed before. But he's been at a lower dosage for 2 1/2 days now and is doing great! :cheer2: :cheer2: He's still somewhat weak in his back legs and a little wobbly, but he seems to be getting stronger. He's at almost two weeks since his relapse. I plan to keep him on the strict crate rest he's on now for 4 more weeks and then to let him have a little less restriction. Right now, he's in the crate almost all the time. Only gets out to be carried out to potty and to sit on the couch occasionally. After the six weeks, I thought I'd let him walk out to potty ON THE LEASH (the little bugger tried to run one day! ) and see how he does. I'm feeling much more optomistic about him now.

Thanks for being such great friends and listening to my obsessing about his back and how he walks. Only real friends would do that.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I'm so glad that all our updates are good ones!!!!:banana: :cheer2: :hearts:

Huge continued improvement for all involved!!!!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

I think having all of our thoughts channeled towards our DLC furpals getting better has helped! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Extra for their continued recovery!
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for all the GREAT updates...take it from one who knows...those work!!!! So here's a bunch more for all of our recovering kids!
    Last edited by Alex's Mom; 07-30-2007 at 10:07 AM.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    Just wanted to update everyone again on Bogart. We've started weaning him off the steroids. I was very nervous because that was when he relapsed before. But he's been at a lower dosage for 2 1/2 days now and is doing great! :cheer2: :cheer2: He's still somewhat weak in his back legs and a little wobbly, but he seems to be getting stronger. He's at almost two weeks since his relapse. I plan to keep him on the strict crate rest he's on now for 4 more weeks and then to let him have a little less restriction. Right now, he's in the crate almost all the time. Only gets out to be carried out to potty and to sit on the couch occasionally. After the six weeks, I thought I'd let him walk out to potty ON THE LEASH (the little bugger tried to run one day! ) and see how he does. I'm feeling much more optomistic about him now.

Thanks for being such great friends and listening to my obsessing about his back and how he walks. Only real friends would do that.
    :pray: :pray: for bogart....I know this 6 weeks seems more like 6 years... crating a dog is much harder on the human than the dog.... GREAT JOB and I :pray: NO more relapse :hearts:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quavec
    I think having all of our thoughts channeled towards our DLC furpals getting better has helped! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

They do help! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

:banana: :banana: :banana: so happy to hear MORE great updates!! In case any are needed, I'm sending more get-well for Lilly, Bogart, and ANY other furkid I may have missed!

Thanks

Lily had a few more sutures put in her lip today, Daisy May had actually ripped her lip off, and the Dr. thinks that Lily had some form of osteoporosis because Daisy May weighs the same as she does and shouldn't have been able to do the kind of damage she did: Lily lost a good deal of bone out of her jaw, and the vet had to file down some of her tooth to make her bite fit better. I've got to go and get some moist cat food to keep her eating, but she looks like she's going to do much better. They shaved her front a bit to keep the mess from sticking to her face.

Thanks

I have another update on Bogart. He had a minor setback yesterday. When I took him out of potty he was more wobbly again. I called my vet and she had me up his Pred again (we were weaning him off of it). :( And she's giving me a refillable prescription which I guess means he's gonna be on it a while.

I ordered a stroller for him today so I can move him from room to room because a lot of the time he barks when I'm out of his sight. Poor little velcro baby!

DREAM Dachshund Rescue