Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Duchie post-op update and questions

HRH is home and resting comfy. (OK I was just making some lunch and she was actually giving me the LQQK... ) Dr Chuck gave her a bathie this morning and her bandage is/.... pink. Photos tomorrow when I am back in the office.
    Thank you all so much for getting me through this. I has been horrible and now I know why I do not have kids wihtout fur. I would never make it.

She is on Rimadyl for pain since he had to cut her so much-for anyone who missed it she had metal and what appears to be fishing line holding her insides together- evidently a botched C-section done by a vet "wanna be".

Her teeth are beautiful and I did not realize how awful they were. Have not had a whiff of bad breath yet either, but that has not been my focus so I reserve judgement on that.

My question is this- how in the heck do I pick her up without hurting her? in order to get that mess out, Dr Chuck had to split her from breastbone to ...tu-tu and when I tired to pick her up to go out and potty I hurt her. I have no potty pads or I would let her go in the kitchen floor on one of those, but then again I do not know if she WOULD use one. I have to carry her out- three steps. I sure do not want to be hurting her..

My only plan is to wrap her up in her blankie and take blankie and all so I do not squish her belly.. :duh:

Advice please and thank you?
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

A loose blanket sounds great but you would still need to be so careful. I would be freaking over dropping her. Honestly if it were me, I would just let her go wherever she darn well pleased for a couple of days until she could handle being moved. Maybe newspaper?

Lots more rayz for HRH

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Glad to hear that she's home and already using the LOOK!!! Sending her for speedy healing. I'd also let her go wherever she wants for a few days. Keep us posted~and I can't wait to see the pics of her pink bandage!!

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

I'm glad she is back in your arms. No advice on how to pick her up other than to perhaps call the vet and ask for advice?

More to both of you!

BTW Rae..you make candles? What Kind? I've just gotten hooked on tarts...
    Last edited by Loren; 01-17-2006 at 02:54 PM.
    Loren and the misCHIEFmeister

Please be my pal!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I can't remember how big HRH is, but when Pebbles was very sick with liver and pancreatic problems and her tummy was very tender it was very hard to pick her up. I'd call the vet and ask for :help: I used to slide one arm between her front legs and under her and then support her rear with my other hand, but that sometimes put pressure on her tummy. Wrapping her in a blanket might be better.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Metal and fishing line......dear GOD if I had a gun! Poor sweet HRH. I can't even imagine.

I'm not sure how you can pick her up either unless you can hold her upside down like a baby or something? even then that is not going to be comfortable!

for the bootiful Duchie.

Thanks

I think you guys are right- can keep her in the kitchen (she stays in there lots anyway) and hmmmm..... newspaper. Seeing as how I am the GM of a newspaper that should not be a problem!

I did pick her up just like Dr Chuck showed me (I can't believe I thought to ask!) , but when he showed me this morning she had just had a shot of pain meds so it is likely wearing off some now.

I cannot bear to hurt her so newspapers on the floor it is, carpet cleaner for the rug and febreeze all around.

Loren- I make several kinds of candles- wax pillars with multicolored chunks in them, gel candles with embeds and others too. It is fun and for a while before I met DH I went to flea markets and other sales opportunities... it was fun for a while, and I made money... and got to take it all off my taxes as a home based business.

I will try to take some photos of the ones I have done- the gels are new (to me) and they are way cool. You can suspend embeds in them- I did santa and snowmen and Christmas trees for the holidays and I have a neightbor who has an earth moving business and I did some for him to give his customers that had dozers and backhoes in there. Really cute. AND I might could be persuaded to do some dog themed ones for my friends at the DLC IF and ONLY IF it is OK with Lisa and Rafi and IF they will let me give DLC a portion of the proceeds, to be used for site maintenence, donations to rescue... or drinks when they go to Niagra Falls... :cheer2:

I have not yet found actual dachshunds (but I WILL) but I do have a source for dog bones, water dishes, fire hydrants etc.

And Loren I like my tart burner too. I use leftover candles in there all the time.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

ILoren- I make several kinds of candles- wax pillars with multicolored chunks in them, gel candles with embeds and others too. It is fun and for a while before I met DH I went to flea markets and other sales opportunities... it was fun for a while, and I made money... and got to take it all off my taxes as a home based business.

I will try to take some photos of the ones I have done- the gels are new (to me) and they are way cool. You can suspend embeds in them- I did santa and snowmen and Christmas trees for the holidays and I have a neightbor who has an earth moving business and I did some for him to give his customers that had dozers and backhoes in there. Really cute. AND I might could be persuaded to do some dog themed ones for my friends at the DLC IF and ONLY IF it is OK with Lisa and Rafi and IF they will let me give DLC a portion of the proceeds, to be used for site maintenence, donations to rescue... or drinks when they go to Niagra Falls... :cheer2:

I have not yet found actual dachshunds (but I WILL) but I do have a source for dog bones, water dishes, fire hydrants etc.

And Loren I like my tart burner too. I use leftover candles in there all the time.[/QUOTE]

Please be my pal!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meemoo
    Loren- I make several kinds of candles- wax pillars with multicolored chunks in them, gel candles with embeds and others too. It is fun and for a while before I met DH I went to flea markets and other sales opportunities... it was fun for a while, and I made money... and got to take it all off my taxes as a home based business.

And Loren I like my tart burner too. I use leftover candles in there all the time.
    Ok..you are FAR more advanced in candles than I am. I am just getting totally in love with tarts...bakery ones in particular..YUM!!!! All you mentioned is simply a foreign language to me!:confused:

Please be my pal!

Thanks

Default Metal And Fishing Line?

This is extremely upsetting, to say the least! How long have you had HRH? If I even stop to think about this, it upsets me all over again. What must they have been thinking? Well, now things are going better, let's :banana: as soon as she's feeling better. I think the blanket idea of moving her around is the best I've heard yet. We just had a terrible scare with Abby regarding a possible disc issue which turned out to be a false alarm Thank God in Heaven, but we went thru a couple of days of pure H_ _ _ when we weren't sure :confused: what was going on. In the end, as it turned out, both the vet & myself misdiagnosed her. Abby, as some of you may know, is a little down :angel7: ; therefore, this was all the more alarming. We did move her to & fro with a blanket; it was almost an impossibility to pick her straight up and down. How did you figure this out with Duchie & how long have you had her? Is she a rescue? You can never believe the things people do to save a few $$$! So glad you have her & the past is leaving her memory & now her body also. Gay & The Dirty Dozen
    PS: To ALL: We have had nothing but rain, rain & more rain in No. Calif.