Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

to poor HRH! I haven't a clue as to how to pick her up. I first thought of the 'football' hold that I used on my kids as infants, but that won't work I dont' think as it would put pressure on her belly. I hope she gets better soon.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

X a million for sweet Dutchie! I didn't know she had fishing line holding her together. Thats awful!!!! ITA with Courtney-if I had a gun! I hope she is feeling better soon. Oh yeah, here are some more
    Weenie & Cricket & Annie & Me (Amy)

Thanks

Default Metal And Fishing Line?

This is extremely upsetting, to say the least! How long have you had HRH? If I even stop to think about this, it upsets me all over again. What must they have been thinking? Well, now things are going better, let's :banana: as soon as she's feeling better. I think the blanket idea of moving her around is the best I've heard yet. We just had a terrible scare with Abby regarding a possible disc issue which turned out to be a false alarm Thank God in Heaven, but we went thru a couple of days of pure H_ _ _ when we weren't sure :confused: what was going on. In the end, as it turned out, both the vet & myself misdiagnosed her. Abby, as some of you may know, is a little down :angel7: ; therefore, this was all the more alarming. We did move her to & fro with a blanket; it was almost an impossibility to pick her straight up and down. How did you figure this out with Duchie & how long have you had her? Is she a rescue? You can never believe the things people do to save a few $$$! So glad you have her & the past is leaving her memory & now her body also. Gay & The Dirty Dozen
    PS: To ALL: We have had nothing but rain, rain & more rain in No. Calif.

Thanks

Gay, here is Duchie's story for you!

Have some

Duchie

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larsen
    We just had a terrible scare with Abby regarding a possible disc issue which turned out to be a false alarm Thank God in Heaven, but we went thru a couple of days of pure H_ _ _ when we weren't sure :confused: what was going on. In the end, as it turned out, both the vet & myself misdiagnosed her.
    I'm glad Abby is feeling better!
    Loren and the misCHIEFmeister

Please be my pal!

Jen Guest

for Duchie. Glad all went well, that nasty fishing line is out of her (OMG, how awful!). I think newspapers or pee pads sound like the best solution. Poor HRH, she will take some time to heal!!

Thanks

I am sure you will be as gentle as possiable with HRH. I use what I call the baby cradle pickup. One hand coming fom the the shoulders and the other from the hinny area and lift gently both ends at the same time.

You know after all she went through in her past life this will be a "cak walk" for her. She knows, Mutter loves her and would never do any thing to hurt her intentionall. Lots of healing
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

ODG - :huh: If only we could find the source- that would be, as we call it in the south, a justifiable killin. SO glad that she has a loving Mommy that is getting her all better!
    Sandi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

I am Pawsitively Thrilled that HRH is home! :yay:

I have no suggestions on how to pick her up for Potty sessions :(
    Spreading Newspapers on the floor for her is a Great Idea unless you want to run out and buy her some Pee Pee Pads. The Pads do absorb the wee wee and are IMO easier to clean up. Sophie has used the pee pee pads here due to her medication that makes her pee and pee and pee and pee.
    She had never used them before. I'm quite proud of her.

I would be hesitant about picking up any pupper that has been opened from stem to stern. I would be sweating bullets and in tears just thinking about it. We certainly don't want to cause her anymore unnecessary pain.

It makes me so :bleep: angry to read that she was just sewn back together and all her innerds (sp?) pushed back inside her, held together with metal and fishing line.:mad2: :mad3:

With ALL your she will heal quckly and be better than before, she may even dance like this

Please give her a gentle :kiss: from Me, Casey and Sophie :hearts:
    She will be in my thoughts and :pray:ers

Thanks

If there are two of you I would try putting her on a blanket and use it like a stretcher to get her in and out of the house. Or possibly putting one hand under her chest and the other to assist in picking up the hindquarters at the same time. Possibly she will want to walk and will need a ramp down the 3 stairs. I'm sure she will let you know what she likes best.

Sending mega healing to Ms. Duchie and lots of for you Rae!:hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)