Thanks

Exclamation Dudley's vet appointment was today

The good news first. He was a super duper good boy!!! He's heartworm neg and his heart and lungs all sound great!! :banana:

The bad news: He needs a dental (his teeth have to be done yearly). He weighed in at 17.3 lbs. :faint: He doesn't look fat to me ... well maybe he would look better at 16.3 lbs but he does have a waist that is visible. It's been way to hot for him to get in yard time and way to hot for walks so maybe that's why he's gained. Starting tonight he got half of what he's been getting food wise. I know he already thought I was starving him with 1/3 cup in am and 1/3 cup in the pm but it's back down to 1/4 each meal. They hardly ever get treats so that's not a big deal, thank goodness.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

That's great news, except for his chompers needing a cleaning, and I'm sticking to my theory of gigantor poops weighing him down. I don't care if he pooped before he left, that's our story and we're sticking to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    I'm sticking to my theory of gigantor poops weighing him down. I don't care if he pooped before he left, that's our story and we're sticking to it.
    Yeah, to that! Had the same problem with Teddy's weight a few days ago when he went to the vet. I like Andrea's way of thinking!:banana: So glad it was a great visit (except for the chommpers needing to be cleaned).
    ~Eva-Marie~
    Teddy & Kiki

Thanks

Have you tried carrots or celery as treats? I have been giving mine ice cubes lately, and they sure act as if those are really great treats!!!
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks

Glad that Dudley was an exceptional patient at the vet! Sending some slim down and I know you will love getting kisses from his freshly cleaned mouth!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------