Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Another Trip to the Vet . . . Updated Page 3

I've been meaning to update everyone on Bogart, so here it is. We made a followup trip to the vet yesterday and she said that Bogart was doing well. We decided to try to wean him off the prednisone VERY gradually. I"m hoping that he doesn't relapse this time.

Then this morning, I was at home waiting for the guy to come install new batteries in our wireless alarm system. You know the "he'll be there between 8 and 12" thing. Bogart was being even more fussy than he usually is. I took him out at 4:30 to potty and brought him in and he was a little restless but slept until 7:00. I got up and took him out again. He wasn't too bad, a little mouthy while I was taking my shower, but that's pretty normal. Then he kept barking at me. I gave him water, I fed him, he kept barking. So I took him out again at 8:30. He pooped and peed and we came in. He fussed some more and finally I took him back out at 9:30. He pooped (kinda runny) and peed. Then he walked a bit and peed again. Hmmm. . . he's never done that before. I bring him in and by 10:15 he's barking AGAIN. Out we go. He pees and it looks like it's got blood in it walks around and pees a little more. Hmmm . . . exactly like when I have a UTI. Just then the alarm guy comes. As soon as he leaves I take him out once more and, yup, blood in the urine. I call the vet because I have natural stuff to use when I have a UTI, but I'm not sure if it's okay for him and how much to give. The vet is busy, but her receptionist says she can see me at 12:30 if I can get there. It's 11:40 and it takes me 45 min to an hour to get to the vet. Yup, I can get there. I run in shoo the dogs into the bedroom, crate Scooter, put on jeans, grab Bogart and my purse and a container, because I know as soon as we get to the vet and I put him down he's gonna pee and I can have a sample to give her.

We make it to the vet at 12:25 :cheer2: :cheer2: We go in and, yup, I'm right. There are white cells, protein and some blood in his urine. So I got some supplements ( the same ones I took for my last UTI ) and a remedy and I"m on my way home by 1:00. I gave him a dose of the supplements and ate my lunch. After lunch he sacked out. The poor little guy was worn out and has slept for over 2 hours without hardly moving.

I told him he was very good and getting old isn't for sissies. He was brave boy. :angel7: Never even whimpered and I know how much those things hurt.

Please send any spare his way. Poor boy has really had a run of it.
    Last edited by lotsadox; 08-16-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Awwwww - what a sweet, gentle boy! Those dang UTI's almost make me cry something!!! for Bogart and all his issues!! Thanks for the update, even if it did include a UTI.

Thanks

Here's some for the brave boy!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Poor Bogart can't catch a break.... :pray: for continued recovery..
    Now the real question...if you had to put on jeans to go to the vet....what were you wearing when the alarm guy was there??? hummm
    Just teasing, I couldn't resist

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catstamm
    Poor Bogart can't catch a break.... :pray: for continued recovery..
    Now the real question...if you had to put on jeans to go to the vet....what were you wearing when the alarm guy was there??? hummm
    Just teasing, I couldn't resist
    Old faded shorts.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Poor Bogie with a UTI, that sux, but at least you got to it quickly! Way to go!:cheer2:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    Old faded shorts.
    Oh well...I guess you didn't find the humor in it.... :confused:
    I hope Bogie feels better soon...

Thanks

Continued back and new UTI for Bogart!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Here's more CA for Bogart. Poor boy, he's been through the mill. I hope he's feeing better soon.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Jen Guest

for poor Bogart. UTIs are the worst!! Good news about the pred though!