Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Default NDR Close encounter of the Pointer kind

[I pulled out of my drive and started up the street to head to work, and was startled by a big dog running out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and was nearly sideswiped by a second one coming up behind it. They ran, literally like the wind, across the street, around a house, back across the street in front of me again, and all over the place....and took off.

I called home first to tell the dh to keep our girls inside, and then called animal control to advise them that two very beautiful, large, expensive, well cared for dogs were running loose without a brain in their head in my area....and would get killed if they didn't get caught. They did have pink collars on. I stressed well cared for and beautiful, no doubt VERY EXPENSIVE. They said they would check it out.

At the time, I did not know what they were, but gave the best description I could. I looked them up when I got home. Here's a picture.

Beautiful, huh? I know I was right about expensive, lol. I hope they made it home safely.

Oh, in case, like me, you don't know what they are.....they are Pointers.

Thanks

Wow... Pointers usually have brains. The sporting dogs are usually very smart.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

That's like the two German Short-hair Pointers that lived across the street from the barn I used to be at...their idiot owners let them run loose :mad2: and they made a practice of attacking the horses...until one of them got kicked. Wasn't hurt too badly, but it made their stupid owners keep them in their yard. Hope these two get caught and brought home again safely!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

WOW!!! I hope they made it home safely!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Don't have to be expensive....could have come from a shelter! These type of dogs end up there/in rescue all the time because of situations just like this - people get them and don't understand, they are working dogs, and they keep getting out, or they can't handle their energy levels, etc. When I volunteered at a shelter there was the most gorgeous GSP puppy there. He was suffering being in a cage - you could tell he needed a JOB!!! I felt so bad for him and tried to get him to rescue but the rescue said, well he's in adoptions, so we will leave him there (I am sure they were overfull, just like all the rescues here are). But no one wanted to adopt him because he was a NUT! They would have had to have been specifically looking for a GSP.

Just a gorgeous dog!

Thanks

Bailey's best friend in agility was a German short haired pointer. His mom was a breeder - the good kind - though he was a rescue. All her dogs have agility, obedience, hunting, and show titles. He was a sweetheart. A crazy one, but a sweetheart!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

These two were beautiful,....blindingly white with just that little bit of brown on them. Having never seen them around here at all before.....I wonder if they belong to someone visiting the guy down the street who owns the horses. I sure hope they got back to where they belong without incident, and got a good scolding that convinced them not to do it again.

Yeah, when my dh told me they were hounds, and I found out what they were, I was surprised at their lack of sense. I guess they were enjoying the freedom. Of course, I will never get that 5 year of life they scared away back. I seriously doubt these two have seen a shelter. Someone loves them....or at least takes good care of them. We all know how easily puppers can escape if they really try.