Thanks

Default Ear infection and fever? :(

We are going to the vet this afternoon. Bruno had alot of wax build up in his ear and the vet gave me this solution to help clear out the wax and clean the ear out in case he had a yeast infection or incase it was just plain dirty inside. After a week of using it I don't think his ear is getting any better. He is still scratching at it and even though there is less wax it's still looking pretty dirty inside and irritated. Plus last night his little head felt really warm...I think he may have a slight fever. He is still eating and drinking and playing and happy go lucky so if he has one it's not too bad.

So we are off to the vet...he needs his nails clipped and his gums looked at anyways for gingivitis so wish us luck!

Thanks

for Bruno. Let us know what the doc says!
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Sorry to hear his ear is not clearing up, he definitely needs a re-check.
    Sending lots of ear For Bruno.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Jen Guest

Sending for poor Bruno. Tasha is prone to ear infections too. And I don't know if its a summer thing but she's had a lot of ear wax lately too. And of course, she hates having her ears cleaned.

Let us know what the Vet says!

Thanks

Hope Bruno is feeling better soon.... I find ears pretty hard to get "really " clean at home.... better if the vet does it. :hearts:

Thanks

for Bruno!! Hope he's okay.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Sending ear for Bruno. Let us know what the vet says.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Awww For Bruno.

Our lil red senior has seasonal ear problems. I bring her up on the bed she knows the medicine bottles for the ear cleaner and infection med drops she trys to airplane off the bed everytime. Fastest route down. Of course she never gets to actually make it off the bed though.
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly!
    Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably .
    And never regret anything that made you smile!
    The Comer Clan

Thanks

There is this stuff that is homeopathic and smells really smokey that our boys got from one of the vets once and it did the trick. it was a cream. And then when they were done with the treatment, we followed in the weeks after with the ear solution. Does anyone know the name of it?

Ollie seemed to have a chronic ear infection when we adopted him but it did take care of itself with that.