Thanks

Default Owen Weeni's agility weekend. (pics added!)

Got back last night from an agility trial...we stayed overnight Thursday and Friday cuz it's a few hours away and started early....
    I'm am VERY pleased to announce that Owen Weenie is back to his old speedy self!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I was worried...he is less than enthusiastic in class (which is pretty much how he has been there outside...prob. Fear Of Where Poo Was) but the last trial we were at he was slow also. But he was wonderful and speedy this weekend. Finished up his level 5 Snookers with 2 Q's, finally got another level 5 Standard!!! I have to get in front of him at the contacts (A-frame, dogwalk, teeter) which slows him down a lot but he gets so geeked he jumps the contact zones and I'm afraid he will get hurt as well as NQ...gotta work on that still but he was still so fast in Standard that he was 10 seconds under course time despite me slowing him on the contacts and a slow teeter (it tips so damn late) and it was a 180 yard course!! He knocked a bar in Wildcard so NQ'd but that was my fault as I was running along the outside to speed him up and moved in on him I think. Best of all he was his old self, smiling and his tail wagging a million miles an hour as he ran. He ALSO gave KISSES to friends Pat, Nancy, and Becky which is a first.
    Pictures later after I sort through the ribbons.
    7 more Standards, 2 Wildcard and he will have his CPE Championship
    Last edited by areese; 08-22-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Amazing...both you and those agility weenies of yours!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

maybe he just needed a bit of a break? Or else he decided he was darned if he was going to let Laika get all the glory!!! Owen Weenie!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom
    maybe he just needed a bit of a break? Or else he decided he was darned if he was going to let Laika get all the glory!!! Owen Weenie!
    I did quit running him in class...he just watched for the last 3-4 weeks and I ran either Laika or Salsa...Last week I ran him and he was better so maybe he just needed a break. Or perhaps he was reacting to me...I did run him in USDAA which makes me more nervous than CPE cuz some of the people are more competative and kinda look down on non-traditional breeds running agility. I felt like I had something to prove and that pressure might have been too much for Owen cuz he's very sensitive to how I feel. I also only entered him in two runs each day this weekend cuz he has finished most of his level 5.
    I'm just so thrilled...I love not having to worry about how my dog is gonna act and just worry about doing the course right and making my dog have the best time ever.

and Segue

Thanks

Owen Q'd 3 out of 4.

And here are his USDAA ribbons too. From last month. USDAA is a competative venue so I am so proud of these...

and Segue

Thanks

Good job, handsome! :hearts:
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Congrats to Owen (and mom) he did an awesome job. He is so handsome in his pics. :hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Der Owen Weenie,

I fink you's is wonderful at de agility! I just wub all da pics of you wit your wibbons. You hab a gweat mommy too!

All my wub,
    :hearts: Jewlie
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Great job, little furguy - oh, and hoomom, too!

Thanks

I have no idea what all of those terms mean that you said, but Congratulations Owen and Mom! And he is just such a cuuuute little black and tan doggie woggie I just want to scoop him up and hug him!!!!! :pinky:
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"