Threaded View

Thanks

Default Laika's Agility weekend (Ribbon pics added)

Thought I would split them up so it wouldn't be too long...
    Laika was awesome!!! She has never run better than she does lately...no barking, no "issues", and she is fast. She does occasionally knock a bar but I think she isn't used to her new speed! It's just pure joy now to run her.
    The most amazing thing happened on the last run of the day Saturday!!
    She was actually the last dog of the day (they ran tall to small Saturday) and I was running both her and Owen in Standard with a couple dogs between us. So my friend Becky was holding her while I ran O. She was having a FIT while I ran Owen which is normal and I want that as it fires her up. But GOOD LORD I don't know what happened but when we got out there to run, she was insane. She was going so fast she got hung up in the weaves between two poles! Had to do it over and it was like she was PISSED, made this weird grunt/growl like jeezuz dog ok I'll do it, weaves SO fast, RACED over the dogwalk (she usually doesn't break out of a trot on the flat part) LEAPED the darn contact area (another first, unwanted but quite amazing) weaved again at the speed of light (we had to do the one set of 6 twice)...I was losing track of where I was cuz my timing was so off since I didn't know whose dog this WAS I was running... There was this awesome sweep around the outside to finish-curved tunnel to a jump, long STRAIGHT tunnel to another jump, double jump, A-frame, to the end which was a tire jump. OMG-she came out of the straight tunnel like she was shot from a cannon, I was running about as fast as I can to keep up and get ahead on the A-frame to keep her from leaping that contact too. Had to yell Laika WAIT there so she didn't leap, she JUST got her feet in it and took off. 11 seconds under time even with doing the weaves twice. ON a 20 obstacle, 180 yard course. 55 seconds. A WEENERDOG! Holy crap. 20 faults of course (5 for weaves, 15 for leaping the contact) but man that was a memorable run. My friends were laughing so hard tears were running down their faces. I was laughing so hard at the end I couldn't breathe. She was SO SERIOUS and intense it was hilarious.
    The judge was laughing too (she knows me and my dogs). What a way to finish the weekend for us What a rush Don't know if that will ever happen again...gosh I wanted to go back today just to see but it's so far and I always think two days is enough....
    Whatta dog. Gosh I love her.
    Last edited by areese; 08-22-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue