Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Hey, Andrea - how was the whole Petsmart training experience?

We need to put Ree (and ourselves) in one but are hesitant about Petsmart (haven't heard great reviews re: the staff). We are on a long list for a local gal but the course doesn't begin for a few months. We aren't in desperate need for one, which is why we are waiting.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Early congrats to both of you! Practicing at home is very important, as I found out. Once a week, or twice a week even, just isn't enough to get into their little furheads; practice is very important, every day. I took one to obedience, then came home and used what I learned on the other. Got double my money! But again - congrats, albeit early!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks

I was pleased with the instructor, but what was most important is to practice. I'm SO into dog behavior, studying and reading everything I can get my paws on that I kinda know a lot of the stuff she was teaching, I just needed to be in a structured environment to get it done. I needed it to socialize Darwin, and that's what it's doing for us. I don't think 8 weeks is enough, so that's why we're going to do the next level.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quavec
    Hey, Andrea - how was the whole Petsmart training experience?

We need to put Ree (and ourselves) in one but are hesitant about Petsmart (haven't heard great reviews re: the staff). We are on a long list for a local gal but the course doesn't begin for a few months. We aren't in desperate need for one, which is why we are waiting.
    Go in and meet the trainer(s) first! They should be available for you to meet. We have been very lucky with the trainers at our store.
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

I understand the instructors at some Petco/PetSmart stores are very good; others have learned their "instructing" from the internet, and really have had no training whatsoever. You'll be able to determine the capability of your instructor by watching them, as mentioned. And I agree that although we may know what to do and how to do it, the interaction and socialization in the structured environment is VERY helpful! And we are more motivated to practice, if we attend regular lessons and put out $$$ for them!

Thanks

Congratulations to the both of you in advance. It sounds like he is really coming along and how fun for him to have you all to himself for a little while. Looking foreward to seeing the pictures!
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"