Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default You Are Cordially Invited

To the Gulfport Petsmart 26 Aug, at 4:45PM to see Darwin probably graduate from the "Beginner's" Class.

He's improved, but he still has a way to go. He was meeting more dogs in the store, but is still scared of people with darker skin. He was also fascinated with a girl with long hair like mine so that was funny to watch: his wanting to follow her and looking back at me confused. He did "shake" two times in a row, and he will sit with me just doing a hand signal. He went up and met a Great Dane (puppy who was as scared as he is) and was a good boy. I was just bursting with pride. He even sniffed the gerbil cage, which he'd never done before.

I think I might continue the training for him. It's so good for his brain and he loves his special Mommy times.

Thanks

Are you good about doing the homework? That's where I stink. Usually because everybody else wants to get in on the action.

Either way, I really hope he does it and I'm glad he's making progress. Are you walking him with the pack or by himself still?
    Lee Anne, Ruckus, Rowdie, Greyson, & Cayenne
    Foster Buds Always in Our :hearts: : Zipper, Tyrone, Gracie, Rosie, Tommy, Froggy, Hunter, Lowla, & Vader
    www.2ndChanceDoxie.com

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

:awww: Mommy and me time :hearts: :hearts: It sounds like Darwin has made real progress. Congrats! :banana: :banana:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

:way2go: Darwin!!!!! And mom too!!!!
    Sadly, we will be unable to attend, but what type of graduation present could we send to the excited graduate? (we know to send cookies to da mama!)
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

After the great cookie weight gain of 2006, I will not be requesting cookies again.

Darwin still has to be walked on his own, but with the temps ranging to the 110 degree mark (heat index) we have not walked in a week, as I was tired of dripping from sweat.

I wasn't so good with the homework either, but every time I dole out treats (which means every day and 3 times on weekends) I'd make him at least sit. I've got to really practice this week with the stay command since he just wants to stay by me at all costs. I'm going to try "puppy push ups" making him sit and lie down over and over.

Thanks

Yeeaaa!!!! Gooood boy!!!!
    Mama
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Good boy, Darwin! I had a really great moment yesterday. I've been trying to teach Hooch to sit & give me the paw forever & yesterday HE DID IT!!! Of course he wouldn't repeat it today, but I had almost decided that Hooch just couldn't learn ANYthing & then he DOES IT!!! Doesn't it just make your day when you see real progress?

Thanks

:way2go: Darwin AND Andrea!

The homework is the hardest part! Going to class is easy. But it's so worth it in the end. It is especially hard with more then one dog around because they (at least my 2) try to compete to see who can do the command the fastest and get the treat. Usually we end up switching off and Dan holds one of them.

Keep up the training! I am going to get B&R in the advanced class in the fall.
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

Darwin and Andrea!!!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

WOW, congrats! Sadly I will be unable to attend ; however I wish you and Darwin all the best with the graduation test. Let us know how it goes. Will say a :pray: er for you that morning.
    I know with Teddy he used to really stress me out at the class by being stubborn and continuing that stubborness at home during training; but when it came time for the graduation test....he was perfect, first time all the time! I think he really liked "showin' off" for everyone. I hope Darwin does the same for you. Good luck!
    ~Eva-Marie~
    Teddy & Kiki