Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any advice...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    I had the same experience with a splitter. Now I use it ot seatbelt my dogs in the car.
    OHHHHH.... now that's a GREAT idea...I never even thought of that, I'll have to try it ...thanks :banana:

Thanks

Whether or not the coupler/splitter works for you depends on the 2 dogs that are hooked to it. If one wants to drag the other along, that usually won't fly! Carson refused to be put on it. He would plant his feet! He just did not want to be attached to another dog. And I could never put Thor on a coupler because he is obnoxious on a leash. He has to be walked on the special harness with the leash attachment in the front. I'm blanking on what those are called.

I do use a coupler because I will usually walk 3 dogs at once but only like to hold 2 leashes. I bought one from Petsmart that sucks, but found a hemp one that is much better at a boutique type place. I usually put Napoleon and another dog on the coupler because I know I can trust Po. He won't get too strong on it and just in general won't be too stupid. Two dogs at the end of that leash is much stronger than one - obviously. One time I had two stupid dogs on it - two fosters - and we came upon another dog and the owner wanted everyone to say hi. Well I had too many dogs (lesson learned) and I could not hold onto the coupled dogs because they were too strong together. They got loose and ran up on the other dog. Nothing bad happened but man. Also, a few times with this one harness with a really small D-ring attachment, the coupler has unsnapped itself when the dog got too riled up.

So - if your dogs are well-behaved and/or you don't encounter a whole lot of distractions that are going to set them off, I'd say a coupler is fine. It's best that they have individual leash manners first before you use it. Otherwise it will just be really hard on you to walk them both on it. You just don't have as much control. Hope that info helps!

Edit: also with the coupler I make sure to use a short 4' leash - but a strong one with a sturdy buckle. I use one I bought for Danes. It is called a Loops2 leash. It has the loop on the end but also one near the buckle, so you can hold the leash right up there short if need be. It is handy with the coupler if you need to reel the dogs in!
    Last edited by Courtney; 08-29-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks

I just bought this one online. In the "fat moe" color. nice.

http://www.earthdog.com/allproducts.htm

Thanks

Oh those are SO pretty it makes me want to buy another one!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Oh! That is the exact one I have - neato. We have the kody-2 color, it was the only one the store had. I love the paisley one and the wilson and sage ones!

Thanks

The website with the leashes and such is really cool!! Bailey totally needs the "I'm barking and I can't shut up" line of merchandise!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Awesome website and design.... very cute stuff...:banana:

Thanks

Wow, my danes have the blue Kody and the green Dietrich collars that I got at a local shop here...but now I found the website...uh oh, I'm in trouble!!
    Katie - mom to Blue (at the Bridge, I miss you Little Man), Nellie and Percy

Thanks

Well, we got the coupler! Gah, these boys are so in synch. i brought them to Petco on it and they are so cooperative with each other! They kind of "bargain" about which way to go, no pulling or arguing! :banana:

however, I cannot use it for pee pee poo poo walks because they want to be farther away from each other when they are answering nature's call!

Did I ever tell you how friggin lucky we are??