Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn

Hybrid View

Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss!

Thanks

Default Thank you everyone

Hi everyone,

Courtney forwarded me the link to this thread. I'm overcome with thanks to everyone that said something about Brooklyn. She truly was my sidekick and I feel so lost without her. She has, and always will have, a huge part of my heart.:angel7:

After it first happened I blamed myself. What could I have done differently to keep this from happening? I replayed the situation and the image of her running joyously out in to the street after her bath and the horror in the minutes that followed. I pictured her in the garden collapsed and then at the vet when he said he couldn't find a heartbeat. Those scenes haunted me for days. Slowly the details of those scenes are beginning to fade. I'm able to remember her as the always was, a happy loving dog. She was that way until the second she passed.

Now I come home, the apartment feels empty. I think i hear her tags clinking together as she moves. I have her collar wrapped around a Virgin of Guadalupe candle that I've been lighting every night until I go to sleep. There are so many things I do on a daily basis that used to involve her. I'd come home and get her before walking to buy milk even though I passed the store on my way from the train to the apartment. I'd save all those plastic bags for "recycling." I just knew I wouldn't come home to an empty apartment or even an empty doorway as she could always distinguish my footsteps from others coming up the stairs.

She touched so many people. Even though we'd been certified for therapy work we never got to do it, as there weren't any facilities close to us and I don't have a car. Thinking back on it though, I am positive she began her therapy work 4 years ago when she was born. She certainly was my therapist and made so many people smile or just relax and sit back in wonder when she was around. She had the most soulful eyes I'd ever seen on an animal.
    I will never ever be able to forget her. She'll be in my thoughts forever.
    I've decided to have a benefit/memorial for her. The proceeds from the benefit will go to Great Dane Rescue of North Texas and Mid Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League. I feel the best way to keep her memory alive is to continue to do rescue work with danes. She crept her way into my heart more than any creature has and I don't ever think I'll be able to replace her. I wouldn't even try, but I know there are other danes who need my help.

I've also had a reading done by Sheila Trecartin. Courtney said she'd helped some of you on the board out with issues with your dogs. She also does readings on dogs that have passed. She said she'd contacted her yesterday and said that she has completely passed and that she is fine. In addition she commented that she is "a very sweet soul." She had another emergency to deal with but I should be receiving the full transcript today. I will be sure and share it with all of you, as I think she'll not be speaking only to me but everyone who loved her.

If anyone would like to donate in memory of Brooklyn for her benefit you can do so via paypal with my email address: amylubinski@gmail.com

Thanks again everyone for all your support. It really shows how much Brooklyn was a huge part of so many peoples lives.

xo.
    Amy

Thanks

Thank you for posting Amy, I have been thinking of you constantly.

Lots of hugs for your broken heart. I am so happy you are continuing your work for Dane Rescue in her honor.

You are right, she was a very special girl and I thank you for sharing her with us.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Courtney and Amy, I've read this post several times and looked at her beautiful pictures. Words can't really begin to express how sorry I am for your loss, but I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you.
    Lee Anne, Ruckus, Rowdie, Greyson, & Cayenne
    Foster Buds Always in Our :hearts: : Zipper, Tyrone, Gracie, Rosie, Tommy, Froggy, Hunter, Lowla, & Vader
    www.2ndChanceDoxie.com

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Thanks

Default Brooklyn's Reading from Sheila

I wanted to share this with all of you. My comments are in red.

Brooklyn Reading Oct. 3 , 2007

The following is my direct communication with Brooklyn. Please keep in mind that this is her perception of how she views her life as Brooklyn. Also realize that animals communicate through thought pictures and feeling sensations (telepathy). It is not a dictation. I take the images and feelings and do my best to translate them into words so that you can understand what is being sent. Your open mind is required to best receive these messages. Also be aware that pets are much more perceptive and aware then we give them credit for. Often they are aware of things we do not think they would ever know.

~Brooklyn is safe and well in spirit. (this was my most important concern)

~Brooklyn shows a flash and sends the feeling of severe head pain and her breath being taken away. She shows difficulty in breathing.

~She says everything went black on her and then she was met by a woman with a soft brown hair that was surrounded in a glow. (This is possibly me? I was kneeling over her when she came back into the garden) She explains that she felt all over peace and no pain at this point. She says she still feels very light headed and is still adjusting to the change.

~She says things happened very quickly and she is not even sure exactly how it happened but she does remember feeling an impact.

~She shows a street that has a turn/bend in it. She says it is a busy street with lots of things always going on, lots of people around and out and about, lots of activity. (This street is very busy and does have a bend in it right before you reach the corner where the store is)

~She apologizes to you for having to leave you. She shows she comes and sits beside you often and leans up against you. She is still around you.

~She says she didn't always listen to you and often went and did her own thing and she is sorry. She realizes you were just trying to protect her and wanted the best for her. She sends you deep love.

~She shows another dog that was around her that is black. (I asked her further questions about this......perhaps Napoleon?)

~She says she misses everything.

~She shows laying on the bed with the window open. This is one of her favorite things to do/places to be.

~She says you used to laugh at her because she acted a lot like a person sometimes. Brooklyn says you treated her this way too.

~She says your respect and love are in her heart and she thanks you for all you did for her.

~She says you are struggling right now and feel very lonely and she is so sorry. She say she never meant to leave you alone.

~She talks about you sleeping with the light on. (probably the tv on at night)

~She shows coming to the door way of your room and watching to make sure you are okay.

~She speaks of a special red blanket. (She had two fleece blankets that were both red that I put on top of her dog bed)

~She says you often referred to her as being "goofy"/silly. She says she likes that she made you laugh and added happiness to your days. She feels that was her mission in life...to show you happiness and love. (I used the words silly and goofy almost exclusively when I talked to her.)

~She talks about a dish rack and this being important but I am not clear on this message. (I just got a new dish rack but I'm not sure why this would be important. I washed her bowls a lot)

~She says she would lay beside you while you ate and she would wait for you to share. She shows that she really enjoyed when you shared your toast. She says the crust was always the best part!

~She speaks of a timer or alarm going off and she says she would always go nuts and get worked up when this happened. (She did always hate when the smoke alarm would go off. She would whine)

~She shows an area with a swing set and says this was a favorite place of hers to go and just hang out. She says there was a lot of good smells here.

~She says she loved being touched any were, anytime, anyway!

~She shows hanging half off the bed or couch, stretched way out. (We all know that that couch was hers!)

~She say your living area needs stuff. She says you need pictures on the walls and life added to your home using color and plants. To her it looks like you never really moved in/ settled/created this as your space. It needs your personal touch and needs to come to life. She says especially some pictures need to go up in the bedroom. (Who knew she was an interior decorator dog? She's probably right though.)

~She say she sees it is difficult on you. She feels your heavy, painful heart. She wants you to know it is not your fault. She stresses this. (Also the most important question I wanted to know)

~She says she will miss sleeping with you the most.

~She says she had great hearing and felt she was your protector and the protector of the home.

~She feels there was part of the house she wasn't allowed to go in and wonders why that was? (She was always banned from the bedroom during the day because she would have a party on my bed haha)

~She shows that she is sending you a message that she is around using a black silhouette of a dog. She says keep your eyes open. This is a way of her letting you know that she is with you. It may come in advertisements, cards or pictures on the net, etc. When you see it then realize she is there and is thinking of you. You may also be able to feel the weight of her against your leg as she leans on you often. (...this is very interesting, I will keep my eyes open for this)

~She says she had some issues with her sinus. There was often a lot of pressure felt there. (She did always sneeze when she'd roll over on her back)

~She shows you wearing a white blouse with a blue sweater or vest over top. (This was my high school uniform but I didn't get her until college...)

~She says she would give you slow, gentle, long licks when she kissed you.

~She wants you to remember the happy times you shared and the twinkle you would see in her eye when she looked at you.

~She shows a light haired woman wearing a brown/camel colored shawl and sends her love. (Not sure who this is...)

~She shows something in a soft pink but I can't make out what it is. (we'd gotten a new bobo into the store that day. I was letting her play with it. I was going to buy it for her. She also always had a baby pink collar.)

~She says you need to eat more...more well balanced foods through out the day. She says especially apples/oranges and meats. She cautions you to not ingest a lot of wheat as your body appears to be sensitive to this.

~She talks about going on a bus. (car rides maybe?)

~She says she misses your body hugs. (I miss hers too)

~She says she had this groaning sound she would make for you. (she was very moany/groany!)

~She says when she wanted something she would come and sit and look at you and you would always ask her what and then she would move and you would follow.

~She say if she wanted you to play and you didn't want to then she would put her nose under your hand and flip it up until you paid attention to her.

~She complains about the smell of skunk/skunk problems. (?)

~Brooklyn says it is okay. She is fine and you are okay to move forward. She will stay with you/around you/watch over you.

Thank you,
    Sheila
    Last edited by brooklyns_mom; 10-04-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks

I am so, so sorry to read this!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

I am so, so sorry for your loss!
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

That's a really nice reading. It's so nice to think that she's still "leaning against you," even though you can't see her :hearts: .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Oh my dear God, i was ok until i read Sheila's reading now I'm bawling like a little girl!!! Amy and Courtney I am sorry sorry for this loss. I just want to hug you both...
    Mama to
    Da Baby Brat Emma Caroline &
    Da Cats Max & Bandit

Thanks

Oh wow! That was a great reading! Hard to read, but at least you know she is at peace and still with you in spirit. Trust it, Sheila has been spot on for all of us who have had readings done. I've been thinking about you and Brooklyn a lot, and will continue to do so.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper