Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Yayy for NV Instinct!

After what..6 days of NV Instinct I am no longer seeing "dandruffy" dry skin on my Reesie!! w00t! w00t! I am soo happy. :cheer2: Her itching has been less and less and no flakies!

I also bought the Grizzly Salmon Oil which I plan to start using on tomorrow. But I just had to rave about how great Nature's Variety Instinct is and how it has "healed" my Reesie's skin in less than a week! I gave her a bath today after work and NO dandruffy type stuff. I was thrilled. And her coat looks so beautiful as well, silky and shiny!

I'm a happy mommy! :banana: :banana:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm so glad that NV Instinct is helping Reesie. I've been feeding the NV frozen raw premix for several years now and I really like it. I've had a lot fewer skin problems and healthier dogs since I've been feeding it.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

We feed it to ours and they love it and look great! :cheer2:
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

And on top of that Reesie :hearts: it! That's always a nice plus, huh? lol

I've got a question though. I've followed the directions for weaning her on to this..but when I switch to a different flavor (for variety's sake) do I wean her on to it or can I just switch it up since it's the same brand, only different flavor? I don't plan on doing it in the immediate future, but am pretty sure she'd get tired of the chicken meal type after a while, I would. :happy4:

Thanks

I don't think that you have to wean them from one flavor to another. I switch up mine on the raw and don't wean them every time.

Remember, she's not you. She can eat the same flavor for ages without a problem. She's a dog. They function differently. You can't assign our values to them.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

There are varying opinions on this. I've done the gradual switch with Cricket and I've also done the "okay ya'll here's the new stuff" and both times they've been fine. I think maybe when you switch up the proteins it might mess with their bellies more? I vaguely remember switching Cricket to NB with Chicken after feeding him NB with venison. He had runny poo for a few days. But they only eat chicken now.

I've also read/heard that you SHOULD switch their protein sources occassionally - but I've never really done that.
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

I've read that you should switch them, too. I do it occasionally, but mostly just because that's what the store has when I go.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, it is VERY helpful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reesie's_Mom
    Thanks for the feedback, it is VERY helpful!
    ITA! Lexie doesn't have "dandruff" issues, but does shed a lot. I might try that brand of food at some point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LexieLuvr
    ITA! Lexie doesn't have "dandruff" issues, but does shed a lot. I might try that brand of food at some point.

I think you'll like it, I love it! And I thought it would take weeks to a month to see a difference. Never imagined I'd see such a drastic difference in 6 days! I was admiring the sheen of her coat this morning when I went home. I'm really happy, mostly about the lack of dandruff now...but the shiny coat is a nice bonus! :D I've read that it really helps with shedding as well. If you try it please let me know what you think.